The Small Victories

Options
Hello all,

I know this isn't nearly as exciting as so many of the wonderful success stories, but I felt very proud of myself today. On Friday I decided to actually get my act together and start exercising and keeping track of my calories (I've always been a relatively healthy eater, and am known to usually choose some baby tomatoes or a raw bell pepper as a snack); however, I went to the doctor and was weighed at 181 pounds (I'm 5"4" and 24) and immediately went home and hopped on the treadmill. This morning I weighed myself and I have already lost 2.6 pounds. I also finally started the 30 Day Shred, and I even woke up early to do it before leaving for work. I love sleeping in, so dragging myself out of bed to actually exercise is a pretty big accomplishment for me. I felt great about myself all day and am excited to make this a daily habit,

As I said, I know this isn't a huge accomplishment, but I kind of feel like when you're just starting out, these are the things that really get you excited to follow through. I was wondering, what are/were some of your little accomplishments? The ones that you know in the grand scheme of things don't matter, but at that moment matter to you immensely, particularly when just starting out?

Replies

• lemonblossom
    lemonblossom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is a HUGE victory for you! Any time you exercise and watch what you eat is awesome!! I had a rotten day because anything that was chocolate was just jumping into my mouth! But my small victory of the day was I just burned 388 calories riding my stationary bike and a few minutes of kick boxing. I enjoyed your post. Good luck to US!!
  • glbrocks
    glbrocks Posts: 37
    Options
    Small victories are what keep me motivated all the time. Pushing at the gym for 5 more minutes or eating something healthier. The little things count more than the major things. My little victory today was doing 18 mins of cardio then weight lifting then back on treadmill for another 10 minutes to cool down the muscles. That was a victory because I was sore from the weight lifting but I still pushed to do just that little extra work. Congrats on your victory yourself!!!
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful victory! A recent one for me was not eating a spoonful of peanut butter earlier this week. You would gave to seehshow important pb is to my daily diet to fully appreciate that!

Early in my journey, a major accomplishment was continuing to work with a trainer 2x week when I was so sore I had to drink my coffee through a straw. Took a month before the pain was tolerable. Now, I love training, lifting, running...all the things I never liked before. Keep up your great start!
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I call it, my daily shred. Everyday, after finishing it, I am overly proud of myself. It may sound strange but there are days where I literally give myself a pat on my shoulder and would murmur "job well done!".

Yesterday was my first jog again, this time I joined my two friends. I never expected anything out of it and I am so glad that Heath said it is going to be our weekly thing. In return, we promised her that we will be joining her on her next marathon. After the jog when we parted, she shouted that I should walk when going home. So, even if I have my bike with me, I chose to walk beside my bike. I was so proud of myself for doing this things no matter how small they are. Just love it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!