Almost underweight but still fat

Options
Hi guys! Over the past 6 months I have went from 180 lbs to 130 lbs. I did this mostly by dieting (and walking 40 minutes total each day) and my absolute minimum weight that I have set for myself is 125 lbs because below that I am considered to be underweight. However, to myself, I still look fat (ie. stomach is round, thighs are fairly big, torso is wide overall). Is this due to the fact that I haven't been exercising or is it just in my genes? I'm an 18 year old male 5'8 and according to the calculator I am 15% body fat.

Thanks! :)

Replies

• dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    2 words:

Lift weights

They will tone your body
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I would question why a young, 5'8 inch male would like to weight 125 Ibs, which is incredibly light for a male of that height.
    Most women your height way more than that. I mean, as you have found, the scale means very little when it comes to how your body looks once you get to a normal weight. You have probably lost a large amount of muscle along with the fat, which is why you find yourself in this position. Start weight training and if I were you, I would be aiming to gain some weight, not lose more.
  • trevor431
    Options
    You're probably right =/ but I never had a large amount of muscle to begin with so I probably didn't have a lot to lose.
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    See a therapist. NOW. I am not being mean or flip. If you truly think that you are fat at this weight, you need to get some help. Feel free to think I'm a rotten SOB or stupid, or whatever, but I suggest that if any of those thoughts run through your mind, you need to RUN to that therapist. Go soon and you may not be looking at years of life wasted trying to get back to being healthy.
  • butterflidrm
    butterflidrm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are not fat. It sounds like you may be expiriencing Body dysmorphic disorder. Please talk to someone close to you, and seek help dealing with the way you see your body. Eating disorders are not limited to women, nor to just anorexia and bulimia. Talk to a counselor, your doctor, and/or a nutritionist to set reasonable expectations for your body's health.
  • BillyWeaver1234
    Options
    :-(
  • trevor431
    Options
    You are not fat. It sounds like you may be expiriencing Body dysmorphic disorder. Please talk to someone close to you, and seek help dealing with the way you see your body. Eating disorders are not limited to women, nor to just anorexia and bulimia. Talk to a counselor, your doctor, and/or a nutritionist to set reasonable expectations for your body's health.

I'll do that ASAP, thank you for your responses everyone!