Breakfast Meal Prep Ideas Please

Options
pinaypanda87
pinaypanda87 Posts: 20 Member
Ok so on a typical morning i have eggs or oatmeal to get me started, but lately ive been running so late, i could barely get anything. Today was rougher than most because im pms-ing and have had a stressfull week (im sometimes a stress eater) so far. I wanna find some BREAKFAST meal prep ideas i can do in advanced so i can just grab and go, even if i have to heat it up at work. I know eggs dont really heat up well day after, so im not sure about what would work. I thought about making oatmeal in the microwave but i dont want instant anything, and i hear making them in the microwave isnt good. Help?

Replies

• brandeeeee
    Options
    I make quick oats in the microwave almost every day and I love them. I use 3/4 cup of quick oats, 1 cup plain almond milk, and sweetener. I add fresh fruit when possible or cinnamon and raisins. I leave the dry ingredients at work and just grab some milk to go in the morning. It's quick, easy, and filling.
  • Loraluvs
    Loraluvs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I make little egg muffins on Sunday night. Spray a muffin tin with a cooking spray. 1 scrambled egg per muffin, some diced ham, low fat cheese, sliced cherry tomatoes, and some sweet peppers ( or whatever may be handy). Bake at 350 for 18 minutes,cool and then refrigerate in a sealable bag. Reheat wrapped in a paper towel for about 45 -60 seconds. While it is heating toast a whole grain english muffin. Breakfast sandwich to go. My kids and I have one almost every day.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew what post it was on, but a girl on here said she makes oatmeal fruit parfaits from yogurt, fruit, and oats and refrigerates them overnight. If you google "make ahead oatmeal parfaits" quite a few recipes come up.
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    bircher muesli. soak oats with water and a squeeze of lemon overnight- water barely covers oats. Add yoghurt, fruit and nuts in morning.
  • lisame1017
    lisame1017 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can look up overnight oats or make a pot of steel cut oats, they reheat well in the microwave. Like someone else suggested I'm a huge fan of the egg muffins. I eat greek yogurt with granola cereal in it for breakfast and snacks.
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Buy a microwave safe jar/container. Stack combos within.

I usually do the following layers:
    Greek yoghurt/fruit/muesli (cold)
    Oats/milk/fruit (hot or cold)

But I have also done
    Yoghurt/peanut butter/fruit (cold)
    Ham/tomato/raw scrambled egg (microwave untill egg to your liking, turns out like a little quiche)

I also have a toaster press at work, so I make things i can press when I get to work.... toasties... wraps... etc.

Fruit salad always works... i like to have a container of fruit and a container of trail mix, then mix it together when I'm ready to eat.
  • livinmyhappilyeverafter
    Options
    Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal

Ingredients:

1/4 cup uncooked old fashioned rolled oats
    1/3 cup almond milk
    1/4 cup low fat greek yogurt
    1 1/2 teaspoons dried chia seeds
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 teaspoon honey
    1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce or enough to fill the jar.

In a 1/2 pint jar or 1 cup jar put in the oats, milk, greek yogurt, chia seeds, cinnamon and honey. Put the lid on and shake that up! Open up the jar and add in the applesauce to the top, cover and shake. Refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days. Eat chilled!

Maple Blueberry Oatmeal

1/3 cup almond milk
    2 teaspoons maple syrup
    1/4 cup blueberries or enough to fill the jar.

In a 1/2 pint jar or 1 cup jar put in the oats, milk, greek yogurt, chia seeds and maple syrup. Put the lid on and shake that up! Open up the jar and add in the blueberries to the top, cover and shake. Refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days. Eat chilled!

Raspberry Vanilla Oatmeal

1/3 cup almond milk
    1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 tablespoon raspberry jam, preserves or spread
    1/4 cup raspberries or enough to fill the jar.

In a 1/2 pint jar or 1 cup jar put in the oats, milk, greek yogurt, chia seeds, preserves and vanilla extract. Put the lid on and shake that up! Open up the jar and add in the blueberries to the top, cover and shake. Refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days. Eat chilled!
  • pinaypanda87
    pinaypanda87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, all amazing ideas. So far ive tried breakfast quiches, but i will definitely be giving overnight oatmeals a try. I usually make oatmeal in the morning if i have the time (Which i usually dont). but i didnt think it would heat up well. Now i think i might give it a shot =)
  • MissMeMandaLee
    MissMeMandaLee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like to make egg frittata ahead of time. It keeps well for four or so days. I beat eggs, and add frozen fajita veggies, salsa, and garlic. I make it in a frying pan with non stick spray. Let it set on the bottom, and broil (watch carefully!!) until l the top sets as well. Let cool and cut into four or six pieces, and put it in ziplock baggies in the fridge and grab and go. I usually heat it up at work and my coworkers are always jealous( the garlic smells amazing! ) It only takes a minute or two to heat up, and It feels a little fancy for a weekday breakfast, which I love! I garnish mine with a little hot sauce. Lots of protein and under 300 calories.

I have also made this with spinach, onion, feta cheese and garlic, and its great too. There are lots of low calorie frittata recipes on the net if you google! Good luck!