Video Game Nerd trying to Get Healthy >:3

Options
Hiya, my name is Jess and I am just your average video gamer/comic reader who has let the lifestyle get to me haha. I have become to used to late night gaming and snacking (my biggest problem!) and I am going to try and fix this. I used to be in much better shape and a much lower weight but in the past 4 years I have gained about 20 lbs *yikes* I have Lupus and that has also but a damper on the regular exercise I used to do (running and martial arts)
I have no friends on here yet and I would love to be a help or motivation to anyone so please add me if you like.

=^-^=

Replies

• LVT1991
    LVT1991 Posts: 8
    Options
    If I was a man I would marry you.....But, I guess I will just settle for being a friend. I am the SAME way. I love my PS3....And my manga way too much. Being a gamer has led me down the path of perpetual couch potatoness....And I have tried and failed at doing both walking on a treadmill and gaming at the same time (if only). However, it's nice to meet you. :3
  • tooiyoake
    tooiyoake Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello, Jess!

Former (during school semester, anyway) gaming addict here who has also gained quite a bit of weight (around 15 lbs, crept up on me, I tell you!) I still have a ways to go in my weight loss journey...

I play Dance Dance Revolution almost daily on my little ps2...Pretty much the most fun way to do cardio for me, during the winter, anywho. :) I have no friends on here either, so..erm, hey and how 's it goin'?
  • missgamer84
    missgamer84 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    lol I have tried to play my PS3 and walk on the treadmill too! But I end up balling up on the corner of the couch for hours instead.
  • missgamer84
    Options
    anyone here have a problem with late night eating? Anyone have some tips to avoid it? :P
  • Cudleigh
    Cudleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hey there! :)

Heh, I can totally related to late night snacking. I'm a night owl, and I'm frequently awake 'til the sun rises. Oops? What I find is that the later it is, the less effort I feel like putting into my food. So I try to make sure there's something easy to eat in my fridge (cut up vegetables/yogurt/fruit/whatever). Because if I have to actually cook something, I'm gonna go for the bag of chips right there that's just so much easier.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    so ps3 folk..what are you playing currently
  • missgamer84
    Options
    I am a night owl too, gaming contributes to that and then I get lazy about eating healthy as the night goes one. Having pre made healthy snacks in the fridge is a good idea, thanks :)

The current games I play (offline) are Deus Ex, Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen, Fallout 3, and on and off of Minecraft and Skyrim.
    Online I play COD. Ghosts, Payday 2, and some Bad Company 2 even though its a little old :P
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    I loved fall out 3.. recently finished bioshock infinity, and I've just started the last of us
  • Jessarue
    Jessarue Posts: 3
    Options
    Oh, this is perfect. My name's also Jess, incidentally. I used to play a lot of video games, but I had a lot of weight gain (I'm 5'2 and weighed 150.. yuck.) so I got rid of my gaming computer and.. now I'm obsessed with Tower Defense. So. Anyway, I'm at 130 now, but trying to get down to ~105. I'm gonna start this whole "eating healthy and exercising" on Monday. Buddies would be nice.