I'm the new guy with the "before" body

Options
I am 46 and a widower just losing my wife earlier this year to a long rare illness (CREST syndrome) I am in the process of learning my new normal. I want to get more fit being that I have always been in shape (round and pear) I am 5'10 and 250 pounds. I have started going to the gym and stopped drinking soda. I am a total NOOB but would be welcome for someone to adopt me and help me reach my goal. I want the "AFTER" body. Michaeljbowman@hotmail.com

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'll adopt you but I'll leave the after body to the guys to help with. I might be able to help a bit with the site or diet though. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    You are on the right track with exercise. Get a routine under your belt of real exercise. None of that mamby pamby I'm too old and too fat to push my stuff. Get a HRM and you'll find out how hard to push and when to take a breather. Once that is in place about 6-8 weeks you'll start to feel like you're working your *kitten* off and don't want to mess up a good thing. That's when you just start to make better food chooses. No soda is going to be a real good choice to start with. There will amazingly be withdrawals. At least for me there were, but I'm over 2 years off soda and I have no desire to have any.
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Welcome and my condolences on the loss of your wife. It is absolutely life changing to lose someone of such significance. It is great that you are trying to better yourself.
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as the old girl who uses mamby pamby excuses to get off her butt and walk. Although, I have been known to exercise while sitting down, you know for those hard days. Just breathe and move and add some weight training. I will be here for awhile, at least another two years if I stay on task. In it for the long haul...
  • claytontraviswalker
    Options
    You Can add me if you want. I'm fairly new here too, but hey I love helping others reach their goal(s). I always wanted to be a personal trainer, never really persued it though mainly because the people I wanted to help the most ( my family & friends ) Didn't seem to care about fitness the way I do. But I have advice for days & I love to help motivate people. You already made a big step by cutting out the soda , & by introducing yourself on here. Good Luck!
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hey man.

I have a few friends on here with Ehler's Danlos, Fibromyalgia and other illnesses that may exclude one from the "Boot Camp" workouts often associated with going from before to after.

I have found too that a lot of healthy foods can be thrown together and put into a juicer, and counting calories was the thing I turned to when I couldn't really exercise for 2 weeks or several months.

Friend request most welcome.

Cheers,

Gary
    ~ ~ some were born to run, some were born to fly, me on the other hand ..... wait, I have another hand ? ~ ~
  • mjbowman821
    mjbowman821 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    bump