Need to eat on a budget??

Options
Lately I've seen a few thread topics about people not knowing what to make for meals or are on a tight budget and not sure what to purchase at the store and so.

I found this great site ... and if this is YOU ... I wanted to share it!
It's weekly menu plans.

The site is called "Six Sister's Stuff" and they already have TONS of weekly menu plans with delicious ideas that include what to buy, how much each item/ingredient costs, the cost of the entire recipe and the cost PER SERVING!

It just DOES NOT get any EASIER!!!

So, when people think they can't afford to eat foods like coconut crusted tilapia, oven baked beef tacos, slow cooker creamy spaghetti and so ... for literally $1-$2/serving ... your wrong!

You can eat delicious stuff and each recipe will generally make enough for leftovers (depending on your family size).

Here's the site!
Happy eating on a budget!!!! :)

http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/recipe-index?weekly-menu-plan

Replies

• rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Neat site! This post deserves a bump--I see people asking about this daily.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I love Six Sisters site! I have made probably a dozen of their recipes and have not had a single "flop" that my family didn't like. Great stuff!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    bump
  • EyeHensley
    EyeHensley Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I get most of my recipes at allrecipes.com but I am ALWAYS looking for more ideas as I make everything from scratch including pasta!! I LOVE homemade pasta.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    got to try it. Thanks
  • khkjkk
    khkjkk Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to trying some of these recipes. Thanks for sharing!
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Aw awesome!

So glad you guys like the site!

I've been up FOREVER this morning with our daughter (its pretty much normal) but when I came across this I thought AWESOME!! Now ppl can see that good food can be AFFORDABLE and it doesn't have to simply be tuna, eggs or ramen hahaha

I know I was excited because gosh, it'll help to just have some ideas (with price point) for some variety to keep things interesting. I think that's why some eat out a lot -- they want different (along with easy) but still.
  • angdpowers
    Options
    I love Six Sisters site! I have made probably a dozen of their recipes and have not had a single "flop" that my family didn't like.

Being a newbie with this site?
    This is good to know!!
  • stoverk2
    stoverk2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Another great website for this is www.budgetbytes.com. Her tagline is "My stomach is full, and my wallet is too" and all of her recipes are great for quick, healthy, and CHEAP meals! I eat her baked oatmeal almost every morning, and have had success with a lot of her other recipes like lasagna roll ups, taco bowls, and the Italian Wonderpot!
  • Trissyboo
    Trissyboo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I am a couponer so this makes life even easier. Not to mention I have been feeling like I cook the same things over and over. Thank you so much for sharing!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • angdpowers
    Options
    ... I make everything from scratch including pasta!!

Well that's just ridiculously impressive!! :love:
    Kudos to you sister! I bet its delicious too!
  • angdpowers
    Options
    Another great website for this is www.budgetbytes.com. Her tagline is "My stomach is full, and my wallet is too"

Awesome!
    I will for sure be checking this out too -- thanks a bunch! :flowerforyou:

I figure if you can save, why not?
    Besides, having new ideas is better than trying to reinvent the wheel every week :)
  • dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    ... I make everything from scratch including pasta!!

Well that's just ridiculously impressive!! :love:
    Kudos to you sister! I bet its delicious too!

Massive kudos! I make almost everything from scratch, but I've failed at pasta. I need a class!
  • angdpowers
    Options
    Thank you so much! I am a couponer so this makes life even easier. Not to mention I have been feeling like I cook the same things over and over. Thank you so much for sharing!

You are most welcome!
    I get into a rut too. Always seems like its a baked or grilled meat (chicken, steak etc) a baked russet or sweet potato and then some kind of green veggie (sautéed brussell sprouts, grilled zucchini etc). Its just nice having good/different meals without having to put so much thought/energy into them.

Now, you being a couponer? I can learn from you. I am terrible at it and apparently don't seem to understand how to get into the groove of it.
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    BUMP! Thanks for sharing! :)
  • Jsphine
    Jsphine Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I will check this out. Thanks!
  • imaj79
    imaj79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have made a couple of their recipes that I found on Pinterest and they were delish!

Will have to check out the one for Budget Bytes. Thanks!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    this deserves a bump - I'm actually making one of their recipes tonight (with a couple small adjustments to suit my family's preferences better). Hoping it turns out a winner, but if it's like everything else I've made off their site it's a no-brainer :laugh: