Jilian Michaels

Options
So after hearing so many wodnerful things about her dvds I finally went out and bought 30 day shred and 6 week six-pack. I'm guessing i should do the shred first?

Any suggestions would be great!

I'm excited to try it out, although i'm not sure how I will it in to my regular fitness routine..

Replies

• pursuinghappiness
    Options
    I enjoy doing the 30 day shred as well as her newest DVD, Yoga Meltdown. In fact, that is the only yoga I can do!!
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I enjoy doing the 30 day shred as well as her newest DVD, Yoga Meltdown. In fact, that is the only yoga I can do!!

Thanks for the note on the Yoga Meltdown! I will try it =) I am not much of a yoga fan.

I love the 30 day shred! It helps with endurance and inches lost due to all the strength movements.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    Same here except I have 30DS on my NetFlix queue. Now I just have to watch and return any one of the three movies I currently have checked out so they can send it to me. =D I'm curious how to fit it in too. Not sure if I only do it on days I don't go to the gym and already have burned 1K calories...or if I do it in addition to that...(Yikes!)

Doing it in addition would present a scheduling "opportunity"... I suppose if I started getting up earlier to do this in the mornings, I'd be forced to then start getting to bed at a more humane and reasonable time each night. I really stink at that right now.
  • darkrider42
    Options

"Yoga Meltdown" sounds like an oxymoron. LOL I just took my first Yoga class this week. It was quite different than anything I'd ever done before. I liked the variety. Asides from doing all the different poses and stretches, I found I really enjoyed the non-physical aspects of it like the meditation, introspection and focusing on positive energies and attitudes. I think I'm hooked.
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    30 DS is a great workout, great DVD, and great burn - but I have a hard time turning it on. I enjoy the workout but I hate Jillian Michaels which makes it impossible for me to do well since I just concentrate on how much I dislike her and end up shutting it off. lol, oh well!
  • pinkybutterflybaby
    Options
    I also heard many people speaking of Jililan Michaels' work out as well. But i have a slight problem, in my country, i dont think it that easy to buy these videos workout. Do they have them in youtube? Sorry im pretty low-tech and still at the very moment figuring out how to get around this site
    patty
  • darkrider42
    Options
    I also heard many people speaking of Jililan Michaels' work out as well. But i have a slight problem, in my country, i dont think it that easy to buy these videos workout. Do they have them in youtube? Sorry im pretty low-tech and still at the very moment figuring out how to get around this site
    patty

I just tried searching YouTube yesterday morning and it was mostly reviews and a couple assorted clips but nothing substantial...unless I didn't dig deep enough. I suspect there won't be anything more than that due to copyright restrictions. :-/
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I've just finished day 17 of the Shred and I LOVE it! It kicks my butt, but because its only 20 mins I can cope with that!
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    30 DS is a great workout, great DVD, and great burn - but I have a hard time turning it on. I enjoy the workout but I hate Jillian Michaels which makes it impossible for me to do well since I just concentrate on how much I dislike her and end up shutting it off. lol, oh well!

There is an option where you can have just the music or nothing if you want. Go to the options section I think.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I do like it. I have Fibromyalgia so I can't do it everyday. But I try to do it every other day. She will kick your butt in 20 minutes.