Any ideas?

Options
I go to the gym, but I also want some workouts that I can do throughout the day because I sometimes can't make it to the gym and even if I do, it all helps. The problem is that I work a 9-5 desk job.... I take the stairs instead of the elevator, but call me unimaginative I have no ideas for anything else really.

Replies

• greytniki
    greytniki Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Don't know what your set up is but here are some things I do: take 5-10 minute break (if allowed) and walk around the block a time or two. Squats in the bathroom (if its private) or a closet or close your office door. Jump up and hit the top of the door frame 10 times every time you go through a door if no one is around (or even if they are if you don't care). Wall pushups. Pinterest has lots of "office fitness worksheets/plans" or google image. Print them out and check off what you do each day.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I walk 80 stairs and 24 miles weekly.

Park farthest from the mall, house, grocery, work, etc and walk.

Get off the bus/train/etc one stop early and walk.

Play your favorite music and dance. I have disabled feet so I belly dance rather than beat my feet on the floor as in regular dancing.

When I do take the elevator, I shimmy, roll, etc.

Borrow or adopt a dog. You will never need another motivator.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I do 15 push ups every time the people go for a walk down the hall (they have a lap thing they do)
  • Kristi443
    Kristi443 Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks so much for the advice! :)