Do you factor in/ include the calories from your vitamins

Options
:smile: Hello! My daily multi vitamin has 20 calories because it is an all natural vitamin. I also take fish oil 3 times and day and each pill is 10 calories. This is 50 of my 1200 calories on vitamins. I have been counting this in on my 1200 each day, but I wondered what everyone else does? I would LIKE to NOT count it.. lol but I know I am still consuming those calories. Thoughts ???

Replies

• zerocalorie
    zerocalorie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good question. I don't either and never thought about it.
  • tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    Options
    I do count them. Mine total to 65 calories. That's a lot of calories to not include in my day to day.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    If you're counting calories, you have to count everything, otherwise you can end up not having a deficit at all.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    dont' take vitamins, but I log fish oil when I use it.
  • Emilysmiths
    Emilysmiths Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ok! Thanks for the replies.. I think I will continue doing what I am doing & count them! =)
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    I do count them. Mine total to 65 calories. That's a lot of calories to not include in my day to day.

Outside of my fish oil which clocks in at 10 calories, all the others are take register as 0 calories here at MyFitnessPal. I assume that since the calories may be under a certain number (be it 7 or whatever), the company is not required to list them as having calories. So where do I find the caloric information for what I take?

TIA
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    fish oil yes, multi no, doubt multi has any amount worth counting really
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I do count my vitamins. For me, not a lot of calories, but it helps me remember to take them and it helps keep my micro nutrient logging correct.

I have two 'recipes', one for morning vitamins and one for evening vitamins. If I change a vitamin, say go from a calcium tablet to a chewable calcium, I update the recipe with the new calories.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I do count my vitamins. For me, not a lot of calories, but it helps me remember to take them and it helps keep my micro nutrient logging correct.
    This!
  • walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm, I totally don't count my vitamins, but I didn't even look to see if they had calories (duh), I guess I better look. Maybe my deficit isn't as much as I thought.
  • tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    Options

Outside of my fish oil which clocks in at 10 calories, all the others are take register as 0 calories here at MyFitnessPal. I assume that since the calories may be under a certain number (be it 7 or whatever), the company is not required to list them as having calories. So where do I find the caloric information for what I take?

TIA

Some of mine were labeled with the calories. I scanned the others. Most of them come up as 0 calories. Like my multivitamin. But my multivitamin has micronutrients in it that I like to keep track of so I still log it. For all the others I just added up the calories from them and any fat grams and made my own "my supplements" food in the create a food section.

Eta: the ones I take that have calories are DHA, flaxseed oil, coq10, and sometimes my glucosamine and chondroitin depending on the brand.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hello! My daily multi vitamin has 20 calories because it is an all natural vitamin. I also take fish oil 3 times and day and each pill is 10 calories. This is 50 of my 1200 calories on vitamins. I have been counting this in on my 1200 each day, but I wondered what everyone else does? I would LIKE to NOT count it.. lol but I know I am still consuming those calories. Thoughts ???

Way to much if you start counting your vitamins!!!! if anything its a good thing you are eating over 1200 calories