Best running apps

Options
I was using endomondo when I run but every time it alerts me of a mile it stops my music on pandora; I then have to stop, fix my music and continue. I am looking for a running app that will calculate my pace and distance without turning off my music.

Replies

• eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I then have to stop, fix my music and continue.

Any excuse to stop running.....
  • cah1255
    cah1255 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I use map my walk (you can select "run") ... it will talk over your music at every mile and let you know your time, but the music keeps playing
  • ricoj175
    ricoj175 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    nike+ running is really good. It gives you the mile/time info, but doesnt stop the music.
  • 1caw0328
    1caw0328 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper
  • TheRunnerDad
    TheRunnerDad Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I believe RunKeeper will do this as well (as the previous person stated). Love the app.
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper, although admittedly I only play a playlist, not Pandora - so I cannot vouch that it will stay on.
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I am LOVING Charity Miles. You select a charity, choose run, walk, bike etc. They have sponsors who donate ten cents a mile (bike) or 25 cents a mile (run/walk) to the charity you selected.

You can even use it on your elliptical or treadmill-- it uses the accelerometer to estimate distance walked--though it tends to be very generous with that I have noticed.

It's a good one to use in conjunction with CardioTrainer or something similar because you can raise money for your typical workout.

My grandma died after battling Alzheimer’s Disease for 12
    years so it motivates me on a personal level.

:)