Feeling motivated...but I need support!

Options
Hi everyone!

I've been a member of MFP for quite a while now, but I'm a newbie to the message boards. Long story short, I'm tired of being fat!! I've lost weight before, but It always manages to come back on. A lot of my friends/co--workers/family don't have weight issues, so I never had a great support system.

I would love to recieve/share tips and embark on this weight loss jouney with some other supportive members :-)

Replies

• jlib989
    jlib989 Posts: 17
    Options
    Let's do this! Add me if you like, I will be supportive!
  • momofgilliam4
    Options
    Same here!! I just changed my profile name, but I have been on MFP before for some time.

Feel free to add me as well! We can do it!
  • rosalindaquintana
    Options
    HI,
    I AM ALSO NEW TO ALL OF THIS, NEVER DONE ANYTHING OVER ANY SYSTEM BEFORE. I TOO NEED ALL THE SUPPORT I CAN GET. I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING THIS LOOKS LIKE ITS MY LAST HOPE, BUT I WILL SUPPORT YOU IN EVERYTHING THAT I CAN, WE WILL DO IT TOGETHER
  • MarieG88
    MarieG88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I definitly think accountability is a major aspect to reaching any goal.
  • Tinarerice
    Options
    Hi -- I am in a similar boat. I have lost weight before and always manage to regain. My goal now is 60 pounds. I keep telling myself that I need to get obsessed and stay obsessed, and I think I'm nearly there, but would love some on-line company and motivation too.
  • rcolbert123
    Options
    Hey I'm in the same boat guy's lost 85 pounds put it all back and more so I need support as well so let's all do it and keep each other motivated yaaaaay
  • kitkatbar972
    Options
    We're only a few years apart and I have a similar weightloss goal to you and I could definitely use the support! Feel free to add me :)
  • Bumblebee3441
    Bumblebee3441 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'll join in with you. We can all use a little support...so let's do this thing!!:wink:
  • merecard
    merecard Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to this site!
    You can do this!!
    Tips:
    LOG YOUR FOOD BEFORE YOU EAT IT
    PREPARE YOUR FOOD BEFORE HAND
    BRING YOUR SNACKS WITH YOU - IN PURSE AT DESK - WHATEVER
    DRINK 1/2 YOUR BODY WEIGHT IN OUNCES A DAY ( 200LBS = 100 OUNCES OF H20)
    SURROUND YOURSELF WITH POSITIVE PEOPLE
    FIND STUFF THAT YOU LIKE TO DO (I tried cross fit because my friends LOVED it... I didn't like..didn't enjoy it...didn't go. Went to kickboxing LOVED it. Went to Aqua Fitness LOVED it, went to Curves on my lunch when they run a class LOVE IT... Tried it before and did not like it....)
    SO FIND SOMETHING YOU LIKE TO DO.
    GET UP 7 MINUTES EARLIER AND DO A 7 MINUTE CIRCUIT. GET THE BLOOD MOVING EARLY
    BREAK YOUR EXERCISE INTO SMALLER PORTIONS. SO 10 MINUTES IN THE MORNING - 10 AT LUNCH - 30 AT NIGHT. SO NOW YOU HAVE DONE 50 MINUTES INSTEAD OF JUST 30 AT NIGHT.
    Check out DVD's - there are MILLIONS out there..I love mine. I have turbo jam and Jillian Michaels and Prevention ones. I have a variety so that it doesn't get dull.
    Set a goal and work towards it.
    Don't get upset if you wander from the path - it's not easy, it takes work, there is no quick fix.
    Eat better calories in the morning and throughout the day and keep your supper light.
    Protein makes you feel full right away.
    It takes 20 minutes for your brain to realize that you are full.
    Take your Before pictures (yes these suck - but do not let them get you down)
    Take your before Measurements (yes these suck too - but again - do NOT let them get you down)
    You will be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy that you did this!!
  • MarieG88
    MarieG88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Merecard...Great tips!!!! Thank you!
  • StephyA86
    StephyA86 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I just started getting serious again this week. We can do it!
  • misslevu
    misslevu Posts: 3
    Options
    Feel free to add me everybody!!
  • S4M4N7H4
    S4M4N7H4 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too ;)
  • kawatson61
    kawatson61 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well!
  • Twcarter500
    Options
    I just joined MFP tonight. I am 50 and feeling it. I need support and motivation. Thanks!