losing 24 pounds in 4 months?

Options
ok i dont know where to post this .. so i am posting it here so that you successful ppl can advise me anything :)
i am 20, 126lbs.. i want to lose 24 pounds in 4 months.. is it a bit of over ambitious target? i have planned to keep my calories to 1200 from mon to fri with exercising for an hour 6days a week and on sat sun i rest with eating anything till i hit 1800 calories.. will i reach my target? i want some of you to guide me what should i do to lose 24 pounds.. okay so the time period can extend i have no issue with that..

Replies

• RobsGirl_lds
    Options
    Being only 24 lbs from goal it would be more appropriate to shoot for .5-1lb a week.
  • dancingmuffin
    dancingmuffin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    if i did my math right that would be about 1.5 a week. With so little to loose i do think that would be a bit much. You might want to try around .5 a week. It will take you longer but it will be easier and better on your body and you are more likely to be able to sustain the loss. And feel free to add me
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Why, exactly, do you want to get to 102 lbs? How tall are you?
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    So for health reasons I should ask. You are trying to get down to 102 lbs. How tall are you? That seems pretty lite.
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    LOL TR0berts.. great minds think alike and type at the same time.
  • rachelg145
    rachelg145 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I will leave the third comment on 'how tall are you' - unless you are sub-5 feet with a tiny frame your goal may be a bit aggressive. Are you sure you don't need to work on your composition, i.e. tone things? When I was your age, I was 5'5 and a half and 120 pounds and I was living in Miami, VERY thin and toned and always in a bikini or a half shirt or something ridiculously revealing. When I was 18 I was 115 because my hips and boobs didn't come in quite yet.

If you don't eat enough you will not lose any weight because your body will go into starvation mode and hang on to every part of you and everything you consume.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Why, exactly, do you want to get to 102 lbs? How tall are you?

beat me to it ...this makes no sense..

OP - are you trying to be skinny fat?
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Again, how tall are you? 102 lbs is a very low weight, even if you are really short.

If indeed you are short, you should aim to lose no more than 0.5 lb of fat per week of you stand to lose a lot of muscle.

24lb in 4 months would only be a sensible goal for someone who is very overweight.
  • bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    1. Have someone help you take your measurements (right arm, left arm, waist, right leg, left leg etc....)

2. Start strength training 3 to 4 days a week

3. Notice results and become a healthy 126 pounds instead of 102. You will look and feel WAY better.
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    everybody i am 5'0 exactly with a small to medium frame.. 102lbs is not healthy for my height? :( are u guys sure? i am pretty short
  • marinashakeel
    Options
    i have already taken my measurements.. i cannot afford a gym membership bit tight on my budget.. i am doing all sorts of cardio..
  • marinashakeel
    Options
    oh and i am eating 1500 calories a day so i am not that person who goes in to starvation mode :p i was just wondering is it okay to do that :p *stop judging me people* :p i have lost all my weight uptill now in a very healthy way doing alot of research everyday reading alot of opinions on forums, etc..
    p.s: no, i dont have any eating disorder or body image issues of any kind.. i will stop at 110lbs if i feel happy its not like i want to get down to the position where i just raise my hand and my ribs protude out or bent my back a little bit and you can clearly count my vertebraes...nope.. never!
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    they all seem to suggest that 0.5 to 1lb is more ideal because that's how it works unless you go starvation and overdo your exercises. Not healthy.

Give yourself a trial, watch your calories, exercise as plan then see the outcome at the end of the week. From there, you'll know how much are you losing.
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    like others have mentioned, you may be better off shaping your body rather than trying to lose more weight. Weights/yoga, strength exercises, lots you can do for free using yuotube clips and things you have about your home. Clothes will look great on you with a bit of firmness to your muscles. Blogilates is a free website with tonnes of exercise videos that are fun for someone young and really do work.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Even at just 5'0 tall, you are already at a healthy weight, therefore your body will not part with fat easily or quickly. As stated previously, 0.5lb would be the recommended weekly weight loss goal.

However, I would recommend eating at or just below maintenance, and following a progressive strength training program (body weight programs are a good starting point as you currently do not have gym access).

And read this for inspiration - further weight loss is not always the key to getting the body you'd like: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • marinashakeel
    Options
    thanks everyone i have decided to lose 0.5lbs per week :) i will reevaluate my goal weight for sure :)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone i have decided to lose 0.5lbs per week :) i will reevaluate my goal weight for sure :)

Glad to hear it! And KarenJanine posted the link I was going to post, so now I won't. :tongue: I really think that Staci's story would be a good one for you. Good luck.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!