A Long Road Ahead

Options
Hi, I'm Fiona and I'll be 32 at the end of the month. I just started to use MFP the other day and so far, it's been helping in taking note of my calorie in take (and so much neater than my handwritten diary too LOL).

So far I have lost 30lb on my own, but I have a looooong road ahead, and I am determined to get there.

Anyone else around that has a long road ahead?

F x

Replies

• msalanajo
    msalanajo Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi, I'm Alana, just turned 33, and certainly have a long way to go.
  • suejoker
    suejoker Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi Fiona,

Welcome to MFP! I have been on a long weight loss journey, which started about 8 years ago. This year, I'm determined to keep at it. I'm down 28 pounds from my highest weight, but still have 47 pounds to go... When I get discouraged (like now, since I haven't lost any weight in a couple of weeks) I just keep telling myself that I just need to keep eating healthier and moving more and eventually I'll get to my goal. If I continue to lose an average of 1 pound/week, it'll take me about a year to reach my goal. A year isn't really that long. I look at my 28yo son and think, wasn't he just a baby? So, I hope this year will whiz by and I can enjoy my new body before my 50th birthday!

All the Best,

Sue
  • MissMonicaC
    MissMonicaC Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am 27 years old and have a long way to go myself. I'd love to make some motivating friends on here. I love to swap recipes, and just have a general support system. Add me!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    hey good luck to everyone...hoping you reach your goals...you can do it!!
  • jec285
    jec285 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm 29, started off at 320, down to 270 now, trying to get to 200, I know that feel.
  • carrotsaregood
    carrotsaregood Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I hope you continue to enjoy using MFP. I still consider myself new, but I have been logging daily since August (2013) and it is helping me to make healthy eating decisions. I haven't even been exercising and am happy with the changes in my health and energy. Just by maintaining my log I am eating a wider variety of vegetables and learning about nutrition. I am very glad I joined MFP so I encourage you to actively log. Good health and happy success.
  • nomoreyoyo67
    Options
    The long and winding road! Feel free to add me:)
  • shakeray1173
    Options
    Today is my first day on this site. I think having people to talk to will help!
    Good luck,
    Amy
  • marilanasather
    Options
    My first day also, good luck to everyone and we'll all help and motivate each other!
  • CeciliaIreland
    Options
    Hi, I'm Cecilia and I too have a long road in front of me. But just like everyone else here, I am determined to make it. I will be 60 in July and I have said many times that I want to be more fit at 60 than I was at 40. Big goal right? Well, I joined MFP about a month ago. I find it fairly easy to log in everyday and account for my food. It also makes you realize just where you should be with calories, fat, protein, sugar and all the other good stuff. I had no idea some of the food I thought was good for me, actually isn't. I started making smarter choices with my yogurt, protein and carbs. So far, I've lost 12 pounds. So I figure I am doing pretty good. The high protein foods keep me from getting hungry sooner than I should. It looks like I could have many friends here traveling this road with me, but I know we can all do it! Let's keep focused on the goal. Keep making smarter choices, and soon it will be automatic to choose the right food when we know how it is going to make us feel and look.
  • Miss_TeaPot
    Miss_TeaPot Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I understand. I lost 50 pounds.....GAINED IT ALL BACK *cries* and now I am in the process of trying to get back to where I ended last time and then lose even more than that. I will add you. You can do it!