My opportunity of a lifetime...looking for support

Options
Hello, all. I was recently given a great opportunity; free membership and free personal training for a year at the local gym. My story will be in the local paper as I get healthy and lose weight. I am encouraging anyone here interested to join me as a friend on MFP as I hold myself accountable and hopefully learn a lot over the next year. So, feel free to add me as a friend.

Replies

• SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    That is amazing. I pledge my friendship and support to you. FR forthcoming.
  • AlyAnnesBack
    Options
    Awesome! You're so brave! Friended!
  • tonileigh820
    tonileigh820 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    That's so amazing! Sending a request!
  • babydaisy81
    babydaisy81 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    What an amazing opportunity! Feel free to add me!
  • Cayjominara
    Cayjominara Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    What a gift! Please be sure to take FULL advantage of the blessing you've been given. Coupled with good eating habits, you'll reach your goals in GRAND FASHION!! Congratulations!
  • ryantrimble12
    ryantrimble12 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Looking forward to hearing about your journey :happy:
  • moosisgal
    moosisgal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been on a weight loss journey for over 2 years...losing 165 pounds. I have fluctuated up 10 pounds in last month....:sad: I have started watching calories and exercising again...I would like to go down another 30....need to keep motivated!!
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent! Good luck!
  • merecard
    merecard Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic opportunity!!
    There will be ups and downs and it won't be easy. There is NO quick fix.
    It will be hard at the beginning and then you will get the hang of it and it will get easier.
    Sore muscles will plague you at the start. DO NOT LET THIS GET YOU DOWN.
    THIS TOO SHALL PASS. This is change, you can't get change without changing what you are doing!
    Mu fitness coach always says - You can't get a new *kitten* one by sitting on the one you have!
    Remember that sweat is fat crying and baby- you make that fat cry!! Don't be afraid to sweat.
    Get a good sports bra, a water bottle that you like to drink out of (a refillable one is best!!)
    Focus on your food prep and log your food BEFORE you eat it.
    Measure your food, weigh your food and drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water EACH day.
    (200 lbs = 100 ounces of H20)
    Surround yourself with Positive people.
    Remind yourself that this is amazing!
    Take your FULL before pictures (yes these suck - but do not let it get you down!)
    Take your FULL body measurements (yes these suck too - but again do not let it get you down)
    YOU WILL BE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GLAD THAT YOU DID.
    When you can look back and see the amazing changes - you will be happy that you did it.
    This is an amazing gift. Use it and remember that it will be hard.
    It will be challenging.
    It will take work
    It will take effort
    It WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!
    Take pride in everything that you do!
    Congratulations and good luck to you. MFP is an amazing app!
    Just make sure that you log before you eat and know your serving sizes.
    If you fall off the wagon, pick your self up, dust yourself off and get right back on.
    Enjoy your journey!
  • JackieRL55
    JackieRL55 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Definitely a great opportunity!!! I really like merecard's advice about logging before you eat. That has helped me keep my eating in check.

Request sent. Good luck!
  • Lola7791
    Lola7791 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Best of luck! I'm always looking to encourage and be encouraged! Feel free to add me. I am here throughout the day and I comment.
  • witmer1
    witmer1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I don't have too much to add here, except stressing taking before pics. I didn't have many and I avoided the camera like the plague. I see a difference in the few photos I have, but more would've been nice. Also, keep at least one article of clothing from where you are now. I kept one piece and I donated my larger clothes. It's motivational as well, as I will never buy that size clothing again.
  • BoiNeezy
    BoiNeezy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Add me I'll support
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Congrats thats great! Good luck, you got this!
  • kimekakes28
    kimekakes28 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! You are going to exceed your goals!! Add me for support!!
  • IGottaDog
    IGottaDog Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Congratulations! You will do it!
  • ANGIEVINO
    ANGIEVINO Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful opportunity! Best of luck to you on your journey. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • maxloch
    maxloch Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    you are right - it is an opportunity of a lifetime. congrats.... would love to add you as a friend and share in your journey.
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Friend request sent!
  • lktimes2
    lktimes2 Posts: 6
    Options
    Before, during and after pics are actually a requirement of this as are body fat calibrations. It will be a learning experience, that's for sure!