2 months progress :)

Options
LTKeegan
LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
Since starting grad school, I noticed I slowly started inching up in size. I started at 22, 5'6" at 125lbs in 2010, I was 130 when I started CrossFit in 2012 and quickly jumped to 145lbs (I broke my ankle then started crossfit 3 weeks later-- as soon as I could walk, since I couldn't climb) so while I like to think all of that was muscle, I'm sure some wasn't. After my ankle was fully recovered I settled to 140lbs and have been about 140 until this past semester. I did an exchange last semester and was miserable. I couldn't exercise, I worked all the time and I didn't have a kitchen!! So I ate quality food, but too much of it (whole foods makes reallllllly yummy food) and bounced up to 146lbs. I was over it while it was happening, and I tried to keep it under control but I still managed to gain 6lbs.

So when I got home I decided I didn't want 146 to be my new normal, so I decided to lose the weight plus some of the weight that had been creeping on since grad school. Using online calculators (I know, not super accurate) I had about 30% body fat.

I started just after returning from an amazing mountaineering trip, so just after new years, and found MFP about 1 week after starting.

Its been two months on MFP today and I couldn't be happier! I've lost 11lbs and I'm 1/2 way to my goal weight! Its been hard, Some days I just want to eat all the food. But its been worth it!!

SW: 146 30% body fat
CW: 135 25% body fat
GW: 125(?) 20% body fat

Screenshot2014-03-13at104059AM_zpsa0dfb262.png

258d7f47-0dce-4a8f-8d2e-9f23914c6fc6_zps296a59ae.png

As for what I've done, I started off really restrictive, basically, I would eat a protein shake for breakfast, salad with protein for lunch, and a small, healthy dinner. Because I need to reset my idea of portion sizes and what food I could eat. No, 4 pieces of bread is not a serving :P And after about 2-3 weeks of that, I slowly started re-introducing foods like cookies, bread, and pizza back in.I was reluctant to weigh food at first, because I am a very obsessive person and I was worried what I might do. But its been mostly okay. I do obsess over making it exactly one serving, like it has to be 28 g not 27 or 29. But now that I understand what a serving size actually is, I've found its okay to eat whatever, as long as I'm mindful of what I'm doing, and logging.

As for exercise, I've always been really active, I rock climb 2-4 times a week, ice climb a lot on the weekends (though hopefully winter will be over soon, I'm tired of being cold), I do CrossFit, though I've been slacking since I've been climbing so much. And when I'm not in the mood to leave the house, I'll do HIIT work on my bicycle trainer. I'm also an aspiring trail runner, but so far not so good (I ran for the first time this year and my shoes gave me blisters on the whole bottom of my feet and my feet hurt so bad, so I'm going to try new shoes and hopefully it will go better).

I'm so happy with my progress so far (especially in my legs, my "problem" area) and I'm thankful for the support of this community!! I'm looking forward to another 60 days and hopefully another 11lbs!

Replies

• CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Wonderful results! Keep it up, you look amazing :)
  • cnl91_W
    cnl91_W Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You're looking great! A quick note on the running shoes, I would suggest getting special socks more than the shoes. I just had this problem a few weeks ago. Got new shoes, professionally fitted after testing my stride and everything. And if I wear these new shoes with the wrong socks, the blisters are back. With proper compression socks, however, my feet have never been happier :)
  • law110
    law110 Posts: 43
    Options
    Fantastic! I was glad to read that in the beginning you ate mostly the same foods for 2 meals. I've been having: B-fast (hard boiled egg and toast with 1t butter) and lunch (a mixed lettuce salad with feta and roasted garbanzo beans - olive oil dressing ). I almost forgot that this was the way I've had success in the past!

Congratulations on your success!
  • LTKeegan
    LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I was glad to read that in the beginning you ate mostly the same foods for 2 meals. I've been having: B-fast (hard boiled egg and toast with 1t butter) and lunch (a mixed lettuce salad with feta and roasted garbanzo beans - olive oil dressing ). I almost forgot that this was the way I've had success in the past!

Congratulations on your success!

Wow that sounds like a really yummy lunch! What is your recipe for the garbanzo beans?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!