Losing weight too fast?!?

I know it might seem great but I've lost 36 lbs in 2 and a half months! I started eating paleo/primal January 1st I weighed 254. Today I am 218. I am incredibly happy with result and it definitely feels great to be me again, I'm just worried this might be too fast too soon.
A little about me, I am extremely active,(trail running, mountain biking and crossfit) at least 4 times a week. I was that active prior to eating differently. I don't starve myself by any means, most of the time I eat too much. Some anyways I would appreciate any comments.
Thanks.

Replies

• chargraves
    chargraves Posts: 65 Member
    How many calories do you usually eat each day? Has the amount lost each week leveled off or are you still losing at a fast pace? As a young active male you are going to lose faster than most so I would not worry too much unless you are eating significantly less than the goal MFP set for you.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Can you open your diary?
  • I don't log:( I just use it as a tool for me to see certain foods. 60% of my calories come from good fats 25% from protein 5% from carbs.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    I would say you can add about 200 Calories a day and still lose weight. What is your goal?
  • I'm losing at about 2.5 lbs a week. First week and a half I lost about 10 lbs due to the usual water loss.
  • I really don't have a goal, I guess getting back to 175 would be my goal.
  • I guess my fear is losing too fast would make my skin be all flabby.
  • Bump
  • HerpDerp745
    HerpDerp745 Posts: 223 Member
    A lot of that weight was probably water to start with since it's likely you're eating a much higher fat&protein/carb ratio. If you're losing 2.5 pounds a week and you feel fine, I wouldn't be worried. Just know the weight loss is going to be both fat and muscle if you're worried about losing muscle.