Hi!

Options
Thought I'd drop in and say hello!

I'm 20 and from the UK. I'll be attending university this summer and I'm wanting to get fit and healthy by then. I'm currently about 3 stone overweight. I recently started a 40 day challenge (to coincide with lent) to cut out crisps and chocolate, which has made me feel more motivated than ever to lose the weight.

I've been sticking to a diet for the past 10 days avoiding going over the 2000 recommended calories, however I'm not sure this'll be too effective or produce a steady weight loss. So after googling I found this, read a lot of success stories (well done!) so I'm going to give this method a good go.

Downloaded the app and ready to go as of tomorrow (nearly the end of the day here :frown:).

Replies

• alishapotts15
    alishapotts15 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Its great that you've decided to make losing weight a goal. If you need a motivation friend feel free to add me!
  • ProfBarry
    Options
    Hello.
    I just joined the group at the urging of my sons. My middle son (35 yrs old) used this tool with WeightWatchers several years ago and lost 30-40 pounds. He was never fat but taking the extra weight off was still a challenge. He got the weight off and has been a strong advocate for healthy living since.
    Unfortunately, I love to eat, especially if someone else is cooking. If I am fixing for myself I don't like to spend time in preparation and cooking too. Which means I go for the quick prep food or take-out and get all the calories....not smart.

So that is why I am here. I need to lose 150 pounds just so I can live 10 extra years, get off oxygen and decrease my $150 per month medication cost. There's motivation, then there are my 3 sons and 4 grandchildren.

Best of luck with your weight loss and college career. Study what interests you and the career will be ready for you when you graduate.

Regards,
    Barry