Pre-Workout

Options
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good pre-workout. I use coffee right now because I've taken some pre-workout samples that gave me acid reflux. I think it was called C4 something. Anyway, I'm scared to try something else since I have a weak stomach, but I'm tired of drinking coffee as a pre-workout. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies

• tyrsnbdr
    tyrsnbdr Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    coffee is a great pre-work out. or Caffinee pills. Lots of PWO's are money dumps. Save yourself the money.
  • 1983ashleigh
    1983ashleigh Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I usually do a few almonds about an hour prior to work out. Also, I drink lots of water.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Water and a good dump.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I use 1.M.R. before my weekend long runs. I know a number of people who swear by Cellucor's C4. If you don't mind 100 pre-workout calories, you can always go Gu or something similar to that.
  • raythrasher
    raythrasher Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Beachbody Energy and Endurance has served me well. Seems to have less artificial stuff in it than the others. I drink it on empty stomach first thing in the morning.

Here is product description:
    This powerful supplement is scientifically formulated to help improve your energy, endurance, strength, and focus, so you can maximize every minute of your Beachbody® workout and get your best results.*

E&E Energy and Endurance™ will help you:*

Burn more calories and fat to get ripped faster.
    Maximize muscle performance to build muscle faster.
    E&E Energy and Endurance features a proprietary blend of:

Advanced nitric oxide boosters to help speed more nutrients and oxygen to your muscles for better performance.*
    Natural energizers to help increase energy production and focus to maximize your workout.*
    Amino acids to help promote muscular energy and overall workout performance.*
    Electrolytes to help fight dehydration and support optimal muscle function.*
    Essential B vitamins to promote a strong metabolism to provide energy so you can burn fat.*
    Stevia for natural, zero-calorie sweetness.
    E&E Energy and Endurance contains:

No artificial flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives.
    No high-risk or untested ingredients.
    Get the most from your workout. Mix E&E Energy and Endurance with water and drink it 15 to 30 minutes before your workout. You'll feel more energized from the start to the end of your workout—maximizing your results.
  • amwoidyla
    amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    C4 will give you the itches!

I wanted to feel like Vin Diesel and I felt like a meth head. That was my experience anyway.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    how about just eat some food like an hour or hour and a half before working out?
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Tier 1 by Citadel - 4 ingredients and cost effective.

Flight by Bare Performance - Minimal ingredients, and hits harder then Citadel.
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I use advocare spark.
  • Operation_Shred
    Options
    A few bumps of blow usually does the trick.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    MR. HYDE by Pro Supps
  • Still1Workoutatatime
    Still1Workoutatatime Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    N.O. Xplode
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    how about just eat some food like an hour or hour and a half before working out?

THIS.... low GI CARBS for longer absorption, say A PASTA MEAL or brown rice/meat dish, any meal really to keep your energy up in the weight room.
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    A few bumps of blow usually does the trick.

:laugh:
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Normally for me its coffee n a protein shake. My alternative is V8 flavor fusion drinks. I get my vitamins plus the caffeine boost and that is helpful as well.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Water and a good dump.

lol what happens if its a bad dump day?
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I've been using BSN N.O. XPLODE lately.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Neon Volt preworkout. Sometimes a cup of coffee isn't enough for a 5am work out.
  • Operation_Shred
    Options
    Water and a good dump.

lol what happens if its a bad dump day?

bad dump = turtle heading during squats = bad workout
  • Pantherfan44
    Options
    Coffee always and now a 1/2 whole wheat english muffin with a tbs peanut butter while my hubby stares me down to make sure I eat it LMAO.