Losing the last 10 lbs!!

Options
Hi all!
A couple of months ago I came off of a medication that had caused me to gain 25 pounds, taking my weight from 115 to 140 pounds in just 2 months!! :indifferent:
I have been eating healthy and dieting and managed to get my weight back down to 125 pounds but I would like to lose those last 10 lbs! Any suggestions?
Thank you so much!!

Replies

• FitnessLover001
    FitnessLover001 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm having your same problem! I would lovvvve to lose my last few pounds as well! I'm currently fluctuating between 127 and 128, but would kill to be back down to my normal size, which is 120. (Would love to be lower, but I will take 120 over 127,128). How much cardio and weight lifting are you doing? Also, are you watching your calorie intake and measuring calories? What's your normal gym/healthy fitness routine? That will help determine what you need to work on to lose those last ten pounds!

Also I do know that the last ten pounds are the hardest, since you're so close to your goal, so it will definitely take some time!
  • Samby_v1
    Samby_v1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm in the same boat. Eating at a 300 cal deficit of my TDEE and kettlebelling three days per week, with yoga and mobility workouts on rest days. It's giving me plenty of cardio. Feeling stronger and tighter already. Lost 3lbs and an inch off the waist, belly and hips in less than a month.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You just need to continue having a calorie deficit. So that question is, how many calories are you eating? What is our exercise routine and do you use a food scale? Someone with very little to lose shouldn't have an aggressive weight loss goal.. should be aiming for a daily deficit of 20% less than TDEE or max around 1 lb per week. Increasing protein intake to 1g per lb of lean body mass and resistance training will maximize muscle retention as well, which helps make your body tight and lean. And the last question is, how tall are you?
  • kstanwick
    kstanwick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Okay thank you! I'm 5'6 but I have a thin frame I eat 700 calories a day and do cardio 3 times a week and strength training 5 days!
  • kstanwick
    kstanwick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For the past week and a half I've been eating 700 calories a day I work out everyday 4 times a week is cardio and 3 times a week i do strength training/weight lifting
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    For the past week and a half I've been eating 700 calories a day I work out everyday 4 times a week is cardio and 3 times a week i do strength training/weight lifting

I'm not really one to judge how much or little someone eats or jump on the "1200 calorie" bashing ban wagon....but strongly feel that you should start eating more than 700 calories a day...especially if you are working out. Find out your TDEE, eat less than that and change up your workout and I bet you will kick start another round of weight loss.
  • robmcd88
    robmcd88 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm in that last 5-10lb range now after losing >50lbs. Despite sticking to the calorie goals that worked well for the first 40+ or so lbs it's been slow going ever since with maybe a 1-2lb loss at most each month. Best advice would be to plan on it being a long term goal you'll need to stick to.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options

I'm not really one to judge how much or little someone eats or jump on the "1200 calorie" bashing ban wagon....but strongly feel that you should start eating more than 700 calories a day...especially if you are working out. Find out your TDEE, eat less than that and change up your workout and I bet you will kick start another round of weight loss.

THIS

You are going to gain back your weight more quickly if you eat at that low of deficit .
  • SashleyA
    SashleyA Posts: 122 Member
    Options

Straight up, you're probably eating too little. 700 calories isn't enough, especially with exercise. Personally, I find that if I eat too little, I don't lose weight. Also, remember that since you're so close to your goal, which is considered underweight anyway, your weight loss will slow down a lot. The lower your weight, the harder it is to lose more weight. It might be healthier to refocus your goal on body recomposition and worry less about actual scale numbers.
  • spara0038
    spara0038 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I would have to say that 700 calories/day sounds iffy to me. In college, I got down to regularly 700-900 cal/day just out of "forgetting to eat"- as silly as that sounds. I didn't drink or eat heavily, and the large campus I was on meant lots of walking. I gained almost 30 lbs in 2 yrs despite exercise because my metabolism was shutting down. Try healthily upping your calories to even closer to 1000-1200 and your may see more progress :-)
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I lost the last 10 by sticking DEAD ON to my calorie deficit (not under, not over). I used a food scale to do that. I weighed every thing solid I ate to be sure. I did about 30 minutes of cardio 6 days a week and started lifting as well. I think the lifting and the strict calorie deficit is what got it off and kept it off.
  • Bagelsan
    Bagelsan Posts: 49
    Options
    700 is super low... a lot of people get past the weight loss plateau by increasing their calories slightly, especially if they work out, and then the pounds start coming off again.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I lost the last 10 by sticking DEAD ON to my calorie deficit (not under, not over). I used a food scale to do that. I weighed every thing solid I ate to be sure. I did about 30 minutes of cardio 6 days a week and started lifting as well. I think the lifting and the strict calorie deficit is what got it off and kept it off.

Agreed. I am not so much worried about the LBs as I am the inches and pant size. Focus on lifting and eating at your deficit...you will get it!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    WUT? :noway:

I eat 700 calories for breakfast sometimes. You need to be eating a LOT more.

I lost my last 10lbs eating a small calorie deficit - my daily intake was 1800-2000 cals a day, sometimes more. It took about a year, but in that time the fat and inches just kept coming off, I dropped another size, and the scale went down. You've got to fuel that body - especially with strength/weight training.

You are totally ripping yourself off by eating such a low amount. Eat too little for too long and the body slows things down to match the intake, making it harder & harder to lose, requiring a lower and lower intake. You wind up with a damaged metabolism, and the potential for all sorts of other problems.

I set my calorie and macro goals according to the info in this topic: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13

Seriously - absolute best results I've had were since following the info there. Take the time to read it and understand it, and then put it into practice. This is a far more sustainable way to lose the fat and keep it off. Eating 700 cals a day is a recipe for disaster.

Good luck!