5'3 - 5'4 girls what do you do for exercise?

Options
I'm around that height so i'd like to hear what works for those of you who are 5'3-5'4. What do you guys do to excerise and lose weight?
How many calories do you burn daily and how many do you take in?
What exercise routine has been working well for you so far that made you lose weight?
What's your daily exercise like?
Thanks! =)

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    The same thing women taller than 5'4" and shorter than 5'3" do?

I intake less that I output. i work out for fitness and the love of working out and eat less to lose weight.
  • bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    Height shouldn't change your exercise regimen.

Everyone here does what they like.

Just make sure you're getting cardio & weight lifting activity in for the best results.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    5'3
    My goal is 1800 cals a day, and I do a variety of things for exercise.
    Turbo Kick, Zumba, TRX, Nike Training Club, running, Yoga...
  • tihi18
    tihi18 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Agree with posters concerning height not effecting fitness choices. Lately I have been doing alot of strength training, 4 times a week. I eat at a small deficit, normally taking in 1450 calories. I do some type of cardio twice a week. Stopped losing weight but still getting smaller.
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    What do you guys do to excerise and lose weight?

Personal/group trainer, elliptical, Dance Central game, hula hooping, walks

How many calories do you burn daily and how many do you take in?

Some days I don't burn any (those are my rest days). On the day I go to the gym I try to lose over 1000. On days I play Dance Central or Hula hoop around 300 calories

What exercise routine has been working well for you so far that made you lose weight?

Personal trainer

What's your daily exercise like?

Mon/Wed/Fri I go to the gym. I usually go on an elliptical on the highest setting for an hour then see my trainer and we do various exercises (weight, cardio, both)
    The rest of the week I either rest or I go for walks/hula hoop/Dance Central
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Jump up and down to try to reach things on high shelves.
  • MACnificence
    MACnificence Posts: 419 Member
    Options

Haha you took the words out of my mouth
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    As long as I run, the weight just falls off me.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

I go for the all out approach and climb up on counters like a BA. Get more points for doing it successfully first try, no step stools.
  • JenGemx8x9x
    Options

uses step stools :cry:

I go for the all out approach and climb up on counters like a BA. Get more points for doing it successfully first try, no step stools.
    [/quote]
  • FitBun9
    FitBun9 Posts: 21
    Options
    As long as I run, the weight just falls off me.
    Really? but what about strength training or pilates? Do you just run?
    How much do you eat?
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Bummer..... The cutoff for ALL of these is always 5'4".... I miss it by 1 inch therefor I am irrelevant......
  • fitfoutch
    fitfoutch Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Same thing my 5'11 lifting partner does.

lift
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 1/2 ". I haul hay, stack it, load and unload it, haul and stack firewood, lug, lift and dump feed bags, clean stalls and the duckhouse, garden ( mostly organic produce but some decorative as well), other general farm and garden work. I'm set at 1700 calories a day, and eat whatever I want while not going over about 1500 calories, so as to have a deficit. Lost 22 lbs., currently in maintenance, may lose another 8 to 10 lbs. when I get around to it. I have never been to a gym, and I don't run or do Zumba, Pilates, etc. Mostly because I don't enjoy that sort of thing at all.
  • FitBun9
    FitBun9 Posts: 21
    Options
    Bummer..... The cutoff for ALL of these is always 5'4".... I miss it by 1 inch therefor I am irrelevant......
    I thought it'd help me hearing from girls my height lol.
    Well i can't change the title but any lady of any height can share as well.
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I thought it'd help me hearing from girls my height lol.
    Well i can't change the title but any lady of any height can share as well.

Lol I understand :) I'm just being silly...

But I've seen tons of different forums the last few days that are ladies 5'4" and under ;)

I do walking and jogging and weights (dumbbells with squats and presses and lunges) and dancing and wii fit and step aerobics..... Whatever I feel like doing pretty much. I like to mix it up. I usually do something during the afternoon and then my step aerobics at night. And that is really shaping my waist and butt... I have an actual hour glass waist for the first time in forever!
  • xscat
    xscat Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Running, 4~6.5 miles; 9~10 min miles. Still trying to be faster and run longer;
    Dumbbells: curls, lifts, all the simple stuff you can find online;
    Squats and squats variations (with weight; squat jump, etc.);
    Stepping on and off my coffee table (My bf hates it cuz it sounds like the table's gonna fall apart any minute);
    Crunches and body twists on my body ball;
    Plank;
    Froggies;
    Rope jumping;
    And taking long walks :)

Worst part is whenever my legs are sore after 8 squat jumps I still feel sooo out of shape :/
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Weight lift 4 days a week. Start out with 10 minute warm up on elliptical at high resistance.
    2 days a week strictly elliptical about 30 minutes.
    rest one day
  • tbaby1279
    tbaby1279 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'4 1/2...I claim 5'5 though! Anyway, I complete a combination of cardio exercises and programs. Zumba (very intense), Zumba Sentao (That's zumba with a chair), and Kangoo. all of the classes are group exercise and instructor-led. If u haven't heard or seen kangoo, google it! It is a high intensity but low impact workout. It's pretty good on your knee and joints. Most of all, it's lot of fun.:smile:
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    (I'm 5ft 2, close enough!) I do 3 spin classes, 3 days of cardio & weights at the gym and some walking every week. I eat between 1500-1900 cals per day. I usually burn between 300-800 per day.