Insanity or Gym?

Options
Hello Fit Fam,

Need some advice. I've been debating whether to stay with Insanity or join a gym? Summer is around the corner so I would love some feedback in regards to out of the two which one gives the best results?

Thanks for the help.

Replies

• BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Lift, lift lift and lift HEAVY! Gym. :flowerforyou:
  • cpusmc
    cpusmc Posts: 122
    Options
    Agree with the post lift, lift, lift heavy, gym... But your diet will ultimately determine how you look this summer... Insanity and the gym are merely the tools we use to sculpt what our diets create... Choose the one you feel you will be most consistent with as success in general = consistency in both diet and exercise over the long term. Good luck...
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I tried Insanity, but I think his teaching style isn't for me. I have a friend who had great success with Insanity though. I prefer the gym. I go there often because I like my gym workouts. Choose whichever one you'll do often because you enjoy it.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I loved Insanity.

What bothered me is that it was the first thing I did when I decided to lose some weight. So I was out of shape and didn't necessarily get all the benefits it is supposed to give you.

I recommend if you are going from the couch to insanity...hit the gym first....I plan on doing it again this summer.
  • wifeymou1112
    wifeymou1112 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    GYM! :-)
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Whichever one you will stick with! For me it depends on my work/schedule/motivation.
  • KNarrainen
    KNarrainen Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a great way to go, but personally I found it got a bit boring and repetitive, as many of the exercises are the same across the different routines. P90X is far a more varied and rounded experience. Currently doing P90X3 which is even better, and seeing real results.

Nothing wrong with the gym, but I find P90X a better experience for me, and massively cheaper than any gym.
  • mamaspa4
    mamaspa4 Posts: 32
    Options
    I would mix it up do both. Some days I look for a change.
  • ispearing
    ispearing Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I havent done insanity too hard for me but I have done p90x loved it. I would say try that with mixture of a gym. When I first lost weight I was strictly gym with supplements and lost a good 54lbs. I gained it all back due to birth control I was taking. I joined a gym Jan 31 $10.58 a month and I have seen more definition in my back, and arms, I started this bodybuilding 12week program. Tomorrow starts week two. I cant wait to see where I am at the end of week 12 since I am already seeing small results in the first week. I have a diet that is 90% good sometimes I slip but stick with a program that makes you feel good and stay consistent it will all work out. good luck to you
  • gameshowfan91
    Options
    How about X-Factor ST? It's cheaper and just about as good as Insanity.
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    Why not both?
  • P3droS15
    P3droS15 Posts: 10
    Options
    Can't do both, I really don't have the time for it. I like getting my workout out of the way before my day starts just in case I get busy during the day. I think I might join a gym, I like Insanity, however, it's getting a little bit boring. Thanks for all the great responses.