Psychos and Crazies and Creeps...OH MY!

Options
So.....we all know someone or know someone who knows someone who has succumbed to online dating. I was just talking to my friend in GA and she has met some pretty crazy/creepy guys from these sites. Personally, I have never been an online dater....never needed to really but I want to hear some stories....have you ever met anyone from the world of online dating??

**Not saying all online daters are creepy...so don't go there if you are about to say something about the title**

:)

Replies

• SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    So.....we all know someone or know someone who knows someone who has succumbed to online dating. I was just talking to my friend in GA and she has met some pretty crazy/creepy guys from these sites. Personally, I have never been an online dater....never needed to really but I want to hear some stories....have you ever met anyone from the world of online dating??

**Not saying all online daters are creepy...so don't go there if you are about to say something about the title**

She needs to come to this website.

Srs.
  • kitdunn
    kitdunn Posts: 6
    Options
    I never online dated, but I did meet my husband through myspace. We both had gotten out of crap relationships and had mutual friends on myspace. He added me one day and sent me a message to say "Hi" and we hit it off. We were only planning on being friends and finding some new people to hang out with but ended up really liking each other. 7 years later, we've had our ups and downs but are still happily married.
  • yellerica83
    Options
    lol...she needs to stay away from online dating all together I think....too funny.
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I'm not an online dater because my hubby would be so pissed, but my guess is that when there is a computer to hide behind people get a little more ballsy and the creepy just oozes out from some people.

I prefer my creepy MFP friends. They know only to send the newdz on Fridays. Otherwise, it's just too much for me.
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    MY KIND OF PEOPLE!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Online dating isn't so bad! I met my boyfriend through POF and met some badass friends through online (some were originally dates that didn't workout), although there are the creeps out there but hey the "normal" dating pool is filled with its fair share of creeps as well.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Yup, I wound up marrying him.
  • countrylovinmn
    Options
    I have a group of "creepers" from MPLS that I meet up from here about once a year... we all get together and drink beer and eat pizza..... interesting enough.
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'm not an online dater because my hubby would be so pissed, but my guess is that when there is a computer to hide behind people get a little more ballsy and the creepy just oozes out from some people.

I prefer my creepy MFP friends. They know only to send the newdz on Fridays. Otherwise, it's just too much for me.

Lies... she and I met on
  • countrylovinmn
    Options

Lies... she and I met on hotdrunkandanal.com

BWAHAHAHAH! I love this woman!!!!!!!!!!
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I did eHarmony for a while...my first eHarmony date was with an aerospace engineer. I thought it was going to go great (we had been texting and getting along well), but he spent majority of the date talking about airplane toilets--he helped design the new ones being installed in planes. Nothing like talking about toilets on a first date!

My current SO and I met in college, but we were also matched through eHarmony when we were both single (not the reason we're together now)...there can be some good seeds. :)
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    My current boyfriend of 4.5 years and I met on OKCupid. Honestly, so many people are meeting online these days, I really don't think there's much of stigma around online dating anymore. I initially went on OKC because I had just moved to an area where I didn't know anyone, and it seemed like a simple, easy way to find both friends and potential dates.

It's pretty easy to figure out the creepers just by their online messages - I never had to meet any of them in person. Yes, I went on a few awkward first dates, but that was mostly due to shyness or not connecting or whatever - I knew not every single date was going to lead to romance and awesomeness. Until, finally, one of those first dates did. :wink:
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I'm married, so am not on any dating sites...but somehow the creeps and weirdos and sickos still find me on social media! Lol!!I clearly state I'm married, but it doesn't stop random strangers from sending crazy messages....
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options

Yup, met my hubby on match 5 years ago. :)
  • jenn2375
    jenn2375 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yep...too many bad dates, creepos and crazies......I stopped wasting my time...
  • DJMIKEY1
    DJMIKEY1 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I am from GA and I am none of the above....at least that's what the voices in my head tell me.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    I met the last person I dated on pof .........they are wonderful and somewhat psychotic which is preferable for me

but in general online dating is just a big massive disappointment (specially in men,women are far less creepy & gross on there)
  • IsaTexDesigner
    IsaTexDesigner Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I married him too. Met on an gaming forum(though neither of us really play anymore!).
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options

I would think your ratio of creeps and crazies with on-line dating would be roughly equivalent to hitting up the bar or whatever to try to meet someone.

I know a lot of people who've used on-line dating (being the 21st century and all) who've had great success...more so than people I know who hit the clubs and bars in hopes of meeting Mr or Mrs. right.

That said, I met my wife in a package liquor store in a really shady part of town...guess you never know.
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options

Lies... she and I met on hotdrunkandanal.com
    My box on hotdrunkandanal.com is now blowing up with da bizness!