Looking for Friendship, Support, and Motivation!!!

Options
Hello. My name is Erica and I am a returning my fitness pal user. I lost weight before, but I never got into the community aspect of this website. As a matter of fact this is my first time posting on a social media site. I want to start mixing it up in my life, so I guess it's best to just dive right in. I have about 40 more pounds that I would like to lose and I would like to have some support and friendship this time around. Doing this alone can become quite difficult when you love food and there's no one around to remind you to stay on track. So, I'm really looking forward to hearing from you guys. I will post before and after pictures of my previous weight loss soon.

Replies

• boshka74
    boshka74 Posts: 23
    Options
    Invite sent feel free to add me. The more support the better.
  • CindyAnne2014
    CindyAnne2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello Erica!!!
    Great to read your post, and I can definately relate!! I have been using MFP since Jan, 7, 2014. I also need to lose weight - about 70 lbs total, and have already lost 18 to date. Yes, I agree that it would definately be easier with someone to take this journey with - and would love to do this together!! Some days it's really hard, for me it is portion control - I just keep shoveling food in, and can't do that anymore. Let's keep in touch, okay?!? I am in Eastern, MA..... and am a 49 yo sahm.....feel free to friend me!! :smile:
  • jace0828
    jace0828 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello, you can add me if you would like the support. I've been on here since forever and today is the first time for me interacting with the folks that are on the site.
  • Mitzikittee
    Mitzikittee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey Erica and Cindy too. It is encouraging to see you on here. I have been on a little while and get so discouraged when I hit a plateau or slow down.I have now lost 80 pounds but I still have 50 pounds plus to lose. I am aiming for 50 but will see if that is all or maybe less. I am starting over again in a new town, actually one I lived in while in high school,after a break up of my marriage and it is hard and lonely.I recently joined Planet Fitness to help get the weight off and tone up. I am actually a very shy person so it's hard to makr new friends. You can add me if you like.
  • gismar68
    gismar68 Posts: 2
    Options
    Love to join you all. Need to loose about 15 pounds but still I could use a friend or 2 to get encouraged and chit chat with. :) I can't exercise much outside of walking and a little weight training because I have RA. I am 68 years old.
  • malcomhi
    malcomhi Posts: 2
    Options
    I have about 40 lbs to drop also. I need all the help I can get. I love food. and think about it all the time. I've need talked to a stranger before, but if you can help me, I'd like to help motivate you.
  • ojosh089
    ojosh089 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone feel free to add. More support the better. I've been on here for about 3 weeks and it's nice to have to support to keep me going strong. Still have about 15 lbs to go. I'll help motivate everyone as well.
  • mkgr3gory
    mkgr3gory Posts: 18
    Options
    You can add me too! I'm finding this place keeps me very motivated, so welcome!
  • malcomhi
    malcomhi Posts: 2
    Options
    for lunch I had. flat bread (dry toasted in frying pan), 1/2 c. black beans, 1/2 c. dice Italian tomatoes and 1/2 c. part skim milk cheese, very filling. I just want to eat all afternoon. and that really helped.

Linda