Pizza

Options
bethvandenberg
bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
We're planning on making some home made pizzas tonight... Suggestions?
I have some cooked chicken was thinking like a white pizza with onion and maybe some fresh tomatoes.

I also was going to make a pepperoni for the kids

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I really like slicing the tomatos and putting them under the cheese (in place of sauce).

Also really yum- take a tsp of olive oil &brush around the outside of the crust (a little goes a looong way) and sprinkle your fav spices (oregano, thyme, etc)
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    For a really thin crust (which we all love in our house!), I use a tortilla (lightly browned in a skillet on both sides) as my base and make individual pizzas. That way everyone can add their own toppings! Add sauce, mozzarella cheese, oregano and spices, and put in the oven for a few minutes. They are to die for!!
  • BeatnikKeri
    Options
    Caramelized onions, garlic and roasted red peppers are the hit in our house!
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I posted my homemade pizza recipe on here awhile ago.....I wonder if it is still on here somewhere....
  • katmarsc
    katmarsc Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I had a craving for pizza this week.. Tried to clean out the fridge at the same time... sauteed bella mushrooms, added red onion.
    Had some a red potato (med) was ready to toss. Put that in the micro for 4 min, carefully (hot) sliced it thin, misted OO on it, had some rosemary sprigs on hand and sprinkled on top...
    misted OO on the crust, sprinked Ms Dash Tomato Basil (no sauce), add mixture of cheese, 2% pizza, WW Double Cheese and two slices of provolone. then layered the potatos, mushrooms, onions on top of thin wheat crust...
    I amazed my family and myself on that one.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I had a craving for pizza this week.. Tried to clean out the fridge at the same time... sauteed bella mushrooms, added red onion.
    Had some a red potato (med) was ready to toss. Put that in the micro for 4 min, carefully (hot) sliced it thin, misted OO on it, had some rosemary sprigs on hand and sprinkled on top...
    misted OO on the crust, sprinked Ms Dash Tomato Basil (no sauce), add mixture of cheese, 2% pizza, WW Double Cheese and two slices of provolone. then layered the potatos, mushrooms, onions on top of thin wheat crust...
    I amazed my family and myself on that one.

Potato pizza? Never thought of that one.
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Use Turkey Pepperoni!!! It's delicious and like 70% fewer calories. I can't tell a difference.
  • MardellD
    Options
    I use pita's lightly brushed with EVOO and sprinkled with rosemary and roasted garlic, in place of sauce some hummas (homemade) and then topped with carmalized onions, wilted spinach, roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts and lots of either gorganzola or herbed goat cheese. My family loves it!
  • flynabster
    Options
    I use the Flat Out bread as a crust.....put it in the oven for about 7 mins to crisp....then add small amount of sauce, turkey pepperoni and a little cheese,bake another 5-7 mins....really good and under 300 cals for the entire "pizza"....even my husband likes it....