Lifting less, no more running, why am I so motivated?

Options
Now that I am 6 months pregnant
I have had to lower my weights,
I had to stop running (HR was too high too fast)
I have gained more weight than planned even though I'm eating well

But I stay motivated to kick *kitten* everyday because
If anyone would have told me 3 years ago that I would hitting the gym 4x a week and lifting weights while pregnant
AND that I would be enjoying it, I would has laughed in their face.

Now, I wasn't at HEAVY lifting before I got pregnant so my weights aren't anything impressive numbers-wise but my trainer and I are determined to keep going as long into this pregnancy as I feel good.

THIS has made me more proud of myself than my lowest BF% or longest run.
It really assures me that over the last 2 years I really have made this my lifestyle, it was a lot of pushing through in the beginning and convincing myself it was for my own good but now it's just there.

Hopefully this motivates someone, thanks for reading!

6F816C23-4AF8-4120-8EA4-C3E8E3B84D86_zps0jog4xlt.jpg

Replies

• sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    You look fab!!!

You're such an inspiration, continue to be a force and kick *kitten* girlie! :drinker:
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)
    BTW, the angle of that picture makes my head look tiny lol
  • ayamagali
    ayamagali Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)
    BTW, the angle of that picture makes my head look tiny lol

Well you're not gaining it there, silly!
    Sorry, sorry, couldn't resist. Seriously, you're kickin' so much *kitten*! :)
  • jukyu
    jukyu Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    No need to worry UNLESS your doc tells you you need to slow down. What you're doing is awesome and good for you & your baby. And it will help you spring back so much faster!
  • misskerouac
    Options
    No need to worry UNLESS your doc tells you you need to slow down. What you're doing is awesome and good for you & your baby. And it will help you spring back so much faster!

Yup, doctor is totally on board, I've been very lucky to have a low risk pregnancy.
    Trainer is certified in PreNatal fitness and has been very good with knowing what my limits are.
    I'm hoping it helps with labour and recovery (they say it does, but you never really know) :smile:
  • AyeCorona
    AyeCorona Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your pregnancy! You are a great inspiration to me as we are trying for our first. You look fantastic- keep kicking *kitten*!
  • CallistaRobbins
    CallistaRobbins Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also 6 months pregnant with my second child. My goal has been also to stay active with healthy eating habits. Been trying to workout 4 to 5 times a week and been loving it. Last time I didn't do any strength traing and felt totally weak even though I walked a lot. This time I've been doing both and see a big differences. Defiantly love feeling good and feeling strong while pregnant, makes it much more enjoyable.
  • misskerouac
    Options
    I am also 6 months pregnant with my second child. My goal has been also to stay active with healthy eating habits. Been trying to workout 4 to 5 times a week and been loving it. Last time I didn't do any strength traing and felt totally weak even though I walked a lot. This time I've been doing both and see a big differences. Defiantly love feeling good and feeling strong while pregnant, makes it much more enjoyable.

Yay! Congrats! I'm really hoping strength training helps me keep the muscle I worked so hard to build before pregnancy.