Any flabby belly before and after pics? Is it fixable??

Options
I'd like to know or better yet see (pics) of someone successfully shrinking their flabby belly. I'm talking the kind that hangs! Is it fixable without surgery. I've had no kids and I'm 26, and my belly is slowly shrinking, but it's still gross :sad:
I've lost about 20lbs since September, not a lot, but I'm still on my way.
I just feel like there's no hope :indifferent:

Replies

• jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Same here :(
  • Serena272
    Serena272 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is away around surgery if you have extra skin left over. I have the same problem and will be looking to a plastic surgeon to remove the extra skin when I'm finally at my goal weight.
  • fayefayee5
    fayefayee5 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    None yet, at least no afters. Im taking monthly pics or me in underwear (lots of jiggle showing), and im hoping to have minimal skin at the end, however im realistic, and know that having 100lbs to lose will mean I probably have some.

I have been using lots of firming moisturizer, lifting weights, keeping very hydrated etc, anything I can to try and reduce the amount of extra jiggle at the end lol.
  • catherinemaxwell566
    Options
    how do we post pics here?? I never had an overhanging belly but with running and yoga theres a vast improvement
  • estabeee
    estabeee Posts: 7
    Options
    I started saving for a tummy tuck, but I'd rather spend the money on a vacation or something else. I'll have the money in a few years, but I really want to avoid surgery. I've read dry brushing can help with cellulite, because my belly is loaded :(
    But I'm kind of skeptical about that also. I've been juicing, and my tummy is shrinking, but it's still gross. I see pictures online of people going from flab to flat, but most of them are parents. So it seems like it's just baby weight. I have no kids, but I look like I've had a litter!
  • estabeee
    Options
    I'm new to this website, I saw others posting pics on other boards, there's got to be a way
  • Junken__Diraffe
    Options
    Definitely possible. Hard work, patience, heavy lifting, eating a deficit. That's all it takes. 59941475_7704.jpg
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    There are things that can help but first, as I understand it, there are two ways people carry body fat (for a lack of a better way of saying it). There is the firm fat that doesn't look fit but at least it doesn't jiggle really and then there is the loose, squishy, jiggly fat. From what I have been told, read and taught (but I'm not a professional) the firm fat has lest blood flow and is more likely to be between organs and in muscle while the much less attractive fat that is all jiggly has better blood flow and is actually the healthier type of body fat. Soooo, if you are exercising you may be increasing the blood flow in those areas and making it look loose and flabby. If that's the case, as you continue to lose weight, it may tighten up and not leave a lot of loose skin. Loosing weight slowly, and getting all your vitamins and minerals (including eating healthy fats like avocado) can also help with skin elasticity. If there ends up being loose skin then you will probably not be able to fix it without going under the knife. If you have a lot of stretch marks then you are more likely to have loose skin. Good luck on your journey. And again, I am not a medical professional and while I have seen/heard/been taught this stuff from multiple sources, I can't say that I know for a fact it is completely true.
  • estabeee
    Options
    Incredible!!!!!!

Definitely possible. Hard work, patience, heavy lifting, eating a deficit. That's all it takes. 59941475_7704.jpg
  • Junken__Diraffe
    Options
    I see pictures online of people going from flab to flat, but most of them are parents. So it seems like it's just baby weight. I have no kids, but I look like I've had a litter!
    It's just as hard to lose weight after having kids, if not harder. Please don't minimize my hard work, or anyone else's as "just baby weight". I was fat for years after having my kids, and I worked my @ss off to lose it. Literally.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options

damn, girl! great job!

and to the op. give your body a while to catch up before you think about surgery.
  • estabeee
    Options
    Unfortunately my belly is loaded with stretch marks :(
    I've got the whole shebang going on. Even the ones that go above the belly button, so even if I was to have surgery one day, a lot would still be there. If they weren't there, my skin would look a lot smoother, and I'd feel better about it. The only thing I dislike about myself. Who knows how horrible it will become when I actually have a baby one day!
  • Tabithas_Transformation
    Options
    I'd love to see more success pictures on here, commenting to keep track! :smile:

I have such a huge belly overhang despite not having kids either. I'm hoping being young will help me but I know that I'd rather be healthy and a bit loose skinned, than fat and a filled sausage.
  • estabeee
    Options
    Sentaruu, you're right. I'm so impatient! I have a bad habit of running to the mirror after a workout, and weighing myself every morning. Like I'm going to see results that quick? Yeah right, I'm just crazy lol. I wish I would have taken pictures every month til now, to actually be able to see the changes.
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I see pictures online of people going from flab to flat, but most of them are parents. So it seems like it's just baby weight. I have no kids, but I look like I've had a litter!
    It's just as hard to lose weight after having kids, if not harder. Please don't minimize my hard work, or anyone else's as "just baby weight". I was fat for years after having my kids, and I worked my @ss off to lose it. Literally.

I agree. Significantly harder to lose the weight after kids. Not only the lack of time, but your body just....changes.

I lost 50 pounds in 4 months about 5 years ago, and barely even had to try. Didn't count a single calorie, too many cheat meals to count, etc. Now I've been obsessively weighing and counting every morsel of food/drink that enters my body, and working out 6 days a week religiously, and I've only lost 33 pounds in almost an entire year.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,222 Member
    Options
    It can take two years before skin will tighten up as much as it is going to. Good hydration may help this, but it will take time. The other factors are age and genetics. Personally I would suggest not worrying about it while you are going, and wait and see. Some say heavy lifting will help, but that is debatable. At the very least it will help with getting rid of the fat, and providing a solid base helping to retain the muscle you have. I do know the women I have seem who lost their belly and have a tight stomach all lift heavy, every single one.
  • shellywelly123
    shellywelly123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I don't have pictures, but I found good cardio workouts followed by stomach crunches and full sit ups help. Days that I don't do this my tummy becomes more rounded so for me that is what works. Since having my son my tummy has become a lot more jiggly and is taking a lot more effort and time to lose the baby flab
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Sentaruu, you're right. I'm so impatient! I have a bad habit of running to the mirror after a workout, and weighing myself every morning. Like I'm going to see results that quick? Yeah right, I'm just crazy lol. I wish I would have taken pictures every month til now, to actually be able to see the changes.

I hear you. I have the same thing going on too. and i am an impatient nutcase about it. i realize that it takes time, but i want it done yesterday.