Newbie seeking friends for support!

Options
Hello, all! My name is Chelle, and I'm not so new to this site, but am new to the community portion.

A medical scare in June of 2013 made me realize that I seriously needed to get my act together and lose this weight if I wanted to be around for my children long term. I found My Fitness Pal, and have lost 20 lbs so far. With the help of my doctor and a close knit set of friends, I'm working to make this happen. Would love to meet some new people on here and have additional support on MFP!

Replies

• dementiafighter1957
    Options
    Hi Newbie,
    I am also doing this for my health. Started a low carb/high fat diet in the new year and have lost 17 lbs and 2 inches to my waste. What kind of program are u on?
  • marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hello! Good on you for wanting to take responsibility for your health. Feel free to send me an add
  • boshka74
    boshka74 Posts: 23
    Options
    Always happy to support a fellow member feel free to add me.
  • crazywench78
    crazywench78 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Dementiafight, I'm on 1500 calories and daily exercise. My doctor wants to eventually get me down to 1200 calories, but I've had to wean myself off. Going from 4000 calories a day to 1200 is just begging for trouble. Couldn't do it right off the bat. But I've been working my way down!

Mainly just trying to eat hi protein, low carb (easier said than done with some of my favorite veggies). But I'm learning. Having to totally reprogram my brain around healthy eating.
  • KayBallin
    KayBallin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm new too. Feel free to add me. ;)
  • AUGirl79
    AUGirl79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new and looking for friends.

I am trying to get healthy and set an example for my four year old son. My husband has always been a lot smaller than me and I got tired of it. I have lost 50 pounds but it is a fight to keep it off.
  • ojosh089
    ojosh089 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello, Congrats on your achievement thus far. I'm on the same boat. Trying to get healthy. Feel free to add. Good luck on your journey to a new and improved you.
  • mrsbrandyfoxe
    mrsbrandyfoxe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Chelle! I also got a health scare that prompted me to really take my health seriously. That was four years ago and since then I have really fallen off. I have diabetes and I am realizing that the older I get, the harder it is to control my blood sugars, so I just started physicians aided weight loss. This is day 1. For the next 4 days, no carbs. It's going to be hard but I can do it!!!! You can too!!! Be encouraged!!!
  • mrsbrandyfoxe
    mrsbrandyfoxe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You go on girl! You can do it!!!!