lost one lbs :-/...

Options
13»

Replies

• MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Your calorie burn for strength training is super high. You can't use a HRM for strength training, it will not give you an accurate number.
    Um yes it will. I use my Heart Rate Monitor for cardio and all weight lifting sessions.

No, it won't. The relationship between caloric burn vs cardio is not the same as caloric burn vs strength training. HRMs are only good for steady state cardio work.
    hmm ok. While I do agree that I burn more calories during cardio, I still get a good or fairly accurate count during weight training. Well I will continue to use my HRM for all my workouts......
  • J_adoreDior_
    J_adoreDior_ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Your calorie burn for strength training is super high. You can't use a HRM for strength training, it will not give you an accurate number.
    Um yes it will. I use my Heart Rate Monitor for cardio and all weight lifting sessions.
    Ohhh :-/ I thought that was the purpose of wearing one ..I thought a hrm was pretty accurate with the number of cals burned?
  • J_adoreDior_
    Options
    Seems like you are on the right track. I too use the TDEE -20 percent.
    So you dont have to log in your calories burned or eat them back since the TDEE formula already take into consideration your activity level. For example, My TDEE -20 is 2100. I eat 2100 with or without workingout. I workout about 5-6 times a week. A mix of outdoor fitness classes and heavy weight lifting. If you scheme through my profile, I will log my workouts but only as 1 calorie burned.
    Also I noticed you arent tracking other macros, only calories. I'm a firm believer that not all calories are created equal. Right now I am eating 50% carbs/ 25% proteins/ 25% fats. This seems to be working well with me.

Thanks :)! And yeah I haven't been paying to much attention to those (carbs, fats), I thought MFP would put those up as long as I don't "quick add". How did you decide your percent got those .. And I def will be paying more attention to my Tdee!!
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    maybe your scale is broken
  • gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am wondering like you are as I can't lose any weight either, I eat under 1200 calories per day and have 8 to 10 pounds and can't budge, down one up one very frustrating, hope you find an answer and share with me, good luck wish I had answers.
  • gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    What is TDEE?
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Might also help to incorporate fruit and vegetables, I didn't see that many in your diary
  • Polarpaly05
    Polarpaly05 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Ohhh :-/ I thought that was the purpose of wearing one ..I thought a hrm was pretty accurate with the number of cals burned?

If you don't want to believe me, thats ok. But just google "do heart rate monitors work with strength training" and you can read all the studies and papers and realize that HRMs do NOT work with strength training.

Not all heart rate increases are the same. They are not caused by the same thing. They do not result in the same calorie burns.
  • Polarpaly05
    Polarpaly05 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/

I'll leave that here for your reading as well.
  • J_adoreDior_
    Options

If you don't want to believe me, thats ok. But just google "do heart rate monitors work with strength training" and you can read all the studies and papers and realize that HRMs do NOT work with strength training.

Not all heart rate increases are the same. They are not caused by the same thing. They do not result in the same calorie burns.

tHANKS GOOGLED IT AND YOURE RIGHT ... BUT MY STRENGTH TRAINING IS LIKE WEIGHTS , CARDIO , .. ITS MORE SO A CIRCUIT LIKE CLASS.. THERES A LOT OF STEADY MOVEMENT WITH WEIGHTS
  • J_adoreDior_
    Options
    Might also help to incorporate fruit and vegetables, I didn't see that many in your diary

HEY ,thanks for the suggestions .. in my Diary i was quick adding calories at first. But I eat fruits and veggies/ salads with every meal. Still probably need a little more.
  • J_adoreDior_
    Options
    We all had to start somewhere! Congrats on the loss!

Thank you =]!!