New guy in town

Options
Hi all. Just set up my profile and thought I'd pop in here. I am pretty overwhelmed and, quite frankly, lost with where I should start with my go-zillionth attempt at losing weight. Support at home is not real strong, so I will probably be going at it alone. Any help and support I can get here will be much appreciated, and needed.

Confidence is low, self esteem is low, but motivation is high. We'll see what that combination gets me. Thanks for having me.

Replies

• aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Welcome. MFP is great - you will like it here!
  • ash15nicole
    Options
    You've come to the right place!!! Only great motivators and encouragers on this site!! You can do this! Welcome and so glad you're here! :-)
  • OGFleabag
    OGFleabag Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    welcome! friend me if you want! lots of awesome support here!
  • freedivr
    Options
    Welcome! Virtually all great successes are preceded by multiple failed attempts! One of the most common threads in dietary advice for those wanting to lose weight is that you must begin to keep track of everything that goes in your mouth. MFP makes that really easy. You sound truly motivated; between that and your use of MFP I'm sure you're on the right track.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Tom!
    I will admit, when I started 1 year ago, my confidence & self esteem was almost non-existent although my motivation was high (check out my profile story if you would like).

Today, 1 year later, I am 21 lbs less, more toned, firmed & stronger than I've EVER been and my confidence, self-esteem & motivation is all equally high :happy:

You are welcome to add me as a friend (I sent request if you would like). I know this journey is very hard, probably the hardest trip I've EVER been on, and I've traveled the road a few times :tongue: This time, it is 4-Good, 4-Life! I did this slowly, by myself, partly for myself and mostly for my life & longevity & the hope of family in my near future :happy:
  • scalpay
    Options
    HI Tom! The key here is: friend a couple people on here, you will see, you are not alone! We all have tried, we all have failed or were stuck and we all have celebrated our little victories! The community here is great and everyone on here gives freely advice and encouragement. Welcome to Mfp, and good luck on your journey!
  • barry5
    Options
    Wecome..MFP is a great site....add me as a friend if you would like to...best of luck to you!!!