women's plus sized workout clothing.

Options
erica6732
erica6732 Posts: 80 Member
I am so excited about joining this gym!! My only problem is finding the right workout clothing. I can deal with the tops. It's the bottoms that I am having a hard time finding. I am 5' 7 1/2' and weigh 250. A lot of the weight is carried around my midsection. I am looking for a good fabric - maybe polyester, spandex, etc. (NO Cotton) for some exercise pants, or capris. Tight fitting. I am looking to ride the elliptical machine so I need something good that can help me like seamless or flat seamed because my legs will be most likely rubbing together on the inside. PLEASEEEEEE Help me!! I need like a 3x to 4x top and a 2x to 3x bottom. I've been looking online but I am getting so overwhelmed by trying to find a good pair of pants or capris that are comfortable - it's like I want to give up before I even start going. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP. ANY advice will be appreciated sooo much. thank you all.:smile:

Replies

• maj1958
    maj1958 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Try looking at the Champion website.
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I like the Old Navy workout clothes - but I'm not sure if they have those type of pants or not. But the workout pants I've gotten from them are really comfortable!
  • lindabeth333
    lindabeth333 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I really like the "women with control" line at QVC.com - I wear them all the time - I wear a 2X on the bottoms. They might not be exactly what you think you are looking for but give them a try - I think you will be happy.
  • csk0018
    csk0018 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm another person recommending the Old Navy activewear line -- their workout gear goes up to 2XL at the store. And it's probably a lot more reasonable than going to a specialty plus size clothing shop.

I know they also sell plus size clothing online too.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Champion, Just My Size, Danskin, Danskin Now (two different companies)
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    When I was still in a 3-4X I was buying them at Walmart.
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, for me I've found pants a few places, old navy was pretty good, sometimes it's good to invest in something a bit more pricey but so worth it, but sucks when you're losing weight because you don't want to spend a lot if it won't fit for too long!

I'm about 5'7" so close to your height, I find I can get away with guys workout pants sometimes (they're longer and higher rise which I like- but sometimes too long..) but then you can usually get away with a size or two smaller than you'd normally need. Plus they tend to be less tight/fitted. I like different styles for different types of exercise.

My favourite pants ever were a men's pair of Asic's meant for running, they were awesome but pricey. I'm not sure what sports stores you have around either but usually I found girl stuff often was a bit small, some stuff was ok but the men's pants would be fine at places in Canada like Sport Check or the running room.

Check out what athletic stores are around, and figure out how much you're willing to spend. If you want to stick to old navy/ walmart that's cool too, I have some stuff from those places it just generally doesn't last as long. Also the guys pants is totally up to you too, I know a lot of girls would find that a bit weird but y'know, whatever fits best and works best is the way to go!

I also have a pair of more yoga style pants my mom got me, brand name Athletic Works and they're awesome and have lasted a long time. I'm just not sure where she got them from!
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Try Gordman's if there's one in your area.
  • ZaftigLor
    ZaftigLor Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    When I was still in a 3-4X I was buying them at Walmart.

Wow, Onaughmae, great loss!! (and great tip re Walmart)
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    Old Navy online and also Layne Bryant has a nice active wear selection.
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Junonia.com has some good stuff, but they're somewhat pricey. Their clothes are good quality, though.