-20 pounds a huge difference!

Options
Since the day I found MFP I have been wanting to be one of these people who has stuck with this app and been able to have some success from it. I'm here today to display my "halfway there" progress!!!

Just want to encourage you guys that this is completely possible, it's just not easy. After 6.5 months of hard work and many ups and downs, I have finally made it halfway to my goal. My weight loss has not been as fast as others, and I have learned to be ok with that, because when I look at these pictures, I see that every pound counted, no matter how slow I went.

I'm 5'3", 26 years old, and really actually have a nice athletic figure underneath all the sticks of butter that have been hiding it!

beforeafter_zps45cc311a.jpg

beforeafter2_zps23140b97.jpg

I started out my exercise by doing the insanity program for 2 rounds, then took up running, and now I have dropped my cardio and stuck to 3 heavy weight training sessions a week. I use MFP to track now, but I am using the IIFYM method as it has been very successful, and given me more freedom to eat "normally" (I'm definitely no 100% clean eater).

cheers...and here's to 6 more months to attaining my goal. y'all inspire me :)

Replies

• hibou_89
    hibou_89 Posts: 14
    Options
    Great job and thanks! You made my morning! Can you tell me at how much you started and how much you are now ? We seam to have pretty similar body shape and composition.

Thanks again
  • getabsbysummer
    getabsbysummer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great job and thanks! You made my morning! Can you tell me at how much you started and how much you are now ? We seam to have pretty similar body shape and composition.

Thanks again

Thank you! :) I started at just a bit under 200 pounds and now I am hovering around 178-179 pounds. I'm a pretty stocky little hourglass figure, not sure about yourself! but yah the weight has come off from top to bottom evenly.
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I can imagine the sexier you in the coming months... keep the pics going you'll see how you progress~!! Job well done.
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic. Nice work.
  • amwood89
    amwood89 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You look brilliant! A huge well done to you :flowerforyou:
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Awesomesauce! You look great :)
  • regcal966
    regcal966 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Good job!!
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    That's a pretty noticeable difference.
    Looking good (not that you didn't before).
  • skytoads
    skytoads Posts: 79
    Options
    Keep up the good work you look great!
  • jessica85009
    jessica85009 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Nice!!! 20 lbs is a lot to lose. You looked great before and now, can't wait to get to the point of losing 20lbs. Thanks for the motivation!
  • urgirlworksout
    urgirlworksout Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    wow you look great, keep up the amazing work!
  • kerricus
    kerricus Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You are stunning. You're shorter than me, weigh more than me, but you look WAY better than me. You're gorgeous.
  • JaysWays
    JaysWays Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Looking great!!! Keep it up! I Love Insanity! You should try T25 or TurboFIre! AH I just love them all! You look great though! Keep it up! Your journey is only going to keep getting better<3
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Amazing Job!! You look fantastic!!
  • flabbybunker
    flabbybunker Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I bet you also feel lighter and ahve way more energy now as well :)? great job
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!!
  • MGreensides
    MGreensides Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You have an amazing figure!!! I'm 5'3 and look like I'm 12 lol.
  • katz6910
    katz6910 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, well done! :flowerforyou:
  • KayLgee
    KayLgee Posts: 139
    Options
    Well done, and great bum :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!