Been offered an hours free PT

Options
I'm pretty comfy with my cardio knowledge I think. What should I ask him? He deals with all aspects (including diet) of weight loss and fitness, he's already taken the time to show me some of the free weights and a couple of the machines. I want to try and cram as much in to the hour as possible as long as I can retain the info

Replies

• Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    Proper form for:

Clean and presses
    Deadlfts
    Squats
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Be weary of PT's and Nutritional advice, unless he is also a nutritionist.

Mostly form is where a good PT is great help, proper technique for freeweights, and/or the weight machines.
  • lrmall01
    lrmall01 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Fair warning. A free hour with a PT is like a free weekend at a time share. This isn't a gift, it's a sales pitch.

I LOL'd. This pretty much sums up what I was going to share but I didn't think of the timeshare reference!

Of course make the most of it but thicken your skin a little before you go in if you aren't interested in paying for further services.
  • katz6910
    katz6910 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Fair warning. A free hour with a PT is like a free weekend at a time share. This isn't a gift, it's a sales pitch.

Thank you. I already pay for my gym subscription and I have no intention of hiring a PT. He's always friendly and helpful anyway. Always offers his time if it's free to answer any questions or correct anyones form if required. He offered this as it's a time when he's not scheduled to do anything else so it can be uninterrupted 1:1.

I'm not really in for any nutritional advice, I like to eat what I like to eat. I don't want to be too restrictive as I know I'll likely fall off the wagon.

Thanks for the form idea, I will definitely make sure to check I'm doing it all right :bigsmile: