need suggestions

Options
hi
i want lose 13 kg weight..doing exercise 5 days a week for about 75-80 mnts ...its been one mnth..bt still no change..wht shud i do..can any one suggest me anything? btw since last week um taking aloevera juice as well...

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    you can't out exercise a caloric surplus...

weigh food, log it rinse repeat.

If you want to exercise log it too and eat those calories back.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    hi
    i want lose 13 kg weight..doing exercise 5 days a week for about 75-80 mnts ...its been one mnth..bt still no change..wht shud i do..can any one suggest me anything? btw since last week um taking aloevera juice as well...

Is your calorie goal set to the correct setting (1 pound per week)? Do you weigh/measure and log all of your food?
  • sharminafroz1
    Options
    hi actually i need some ideas what i actually shud do...coz i talked to the gym instructor ...he said i workout for 1 hr each day...and at least 4 days a week..ill start loosing weight....but i dont think its working....so need suggestions from some people who are actually trying to loose weight,,,,
  • sharminafroz1
    Options
    actually i dont know is my calorie goal set is correct or not...how can i understand that my weight loss setup is ok or not?
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    iifym.com

Go to calculators and see what your basic caloric needs really are.

If you are going to do TDEE - up to 25% you would put in the amount you exercise then subtract up to 25% to get your daily calories. YOU WILL NOT EAT EXERCISE CALORIES BACK! You will have those calories set everyday regardless of activity.

You could do sedentary minus up to 25% and be able to eat exercise calories back.

Then there is the overly aggressive approach of 1200 calories and eat exercise back which is what MFP does. Regardless you need to log everything! EVERYTHING!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    actually i dont know is my calorie goal set is correct or not...how can i understand that my weight loss setup is ok or not?
    I'd really recommend reading the sexypant post that was linked to above. It explains a lot of the basics and tries to not complicate things.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

Set MFP settings to lose 1 pound per week. How many calories does it say to eat?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Read this if you're confused. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets You only have 15 lbs to lose, so you should be set to lose no more than 1 lb a week, and when you've lost 5 lbs, set it to .5 lb a week and leave it there.

ETA if you use MFP settings and don't go by TDEE, you need to eat back your exercise calories. If you're not using a heart rate monitor to get your calorie burn and you're using MFP's estimate, I wouldn't eat more than 75% of those calories back, because it's generally higher than what you're really burning.