such an idiot!!

Options
Ok so I have been doing great with sticking to working out and keeping up with my calories for the past week.....well i guess i knew that wouldnt last!! I definately let the stress with school get to me!! My bf is graduating from college next week and wednesday was his very last day of class so he talked me into going out and celebrating with him...bad idea...I had about 6 beers...which put me well over my calories (at least i did get in some drunken just dance to burn some of the calories though LOL) (it is also a very rare occasion that we have a night alone away from our baby so i kind of went over board!! Well Thursday morning I woke up and I was sooo hungover and forcing myself to study for a final today that I did not work out and ate whatever I felt like!! I didnt even track it!! and Im glad I didnt because I would probably be devastated if I saw how many cals I had yesterday...but I did weigh myself today and absolutely no change...no gain and no loss....which has been pretty consistent the last two weeks!! :( anyway tonight my bf took me out on a date to dinner to celebrate me getting an A today and well needless to say I went over my calories again!! I am usually waaay under and the last three days I have been over!! I just hate myself for letting it go for three days and not working out!! I have another final on Monday so I probably wont even work out the rest of the weekend!! I just really cant believe I did this...and I am sooo very disappointed in myself.... :(

Replies

• tnfphelan
    Options
    Get through with your finals, It's very stressful, start again when you can bet really focused, you will be amazed how good you do. I have a daughter in grad school and one who is a sophmore in college going through finals herself. When you get focused after all your test are done, you will be amazed on how much you can accomplish. Good luck in school and don't give up.
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. I think I am just going to wait until after Finals. The stress of trying to keep up with calories on top of studying everything about the human body for a cumulative anatomy and physiology final is just not worth it!!
  • Jalfie
    Jalfie Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Beating yourself up and guilt is all wasted energy.
    Get this brief period of time over with, do whatever you need to do with your finals.
    Take the heat off yourself!
    Then pick yourself up!dust yourself off! and start all over again.
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life..don't look back:)
  • tissyazd
    tissyazd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Been there done that several times with this journey. One or two days or even taking a week off won't kill you. I have gone up a pound or two from eating poorly at times, but it's life. It always has come back off. It's a lifestyle change. You won't be perfect. Just when things slow down, you can get back to normal. Good luck! You'll be fine!
  • brownsugar84
    brownsugar84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Oh darlin, not to worry.. it's a brand new day! Finals are super stressful, and with a baby, it must be even more busy!! I would not bother with tracking the food for now, and take a bit of a break while focusing on finals. How about loading up on a bunch of convenient and yummy snacks (low cal)? I remember surrounding myself with bbq rice cakes and dried fruit during exam time. I didn't feel tempted to binge as I kept myself full on the other snacks around me. You'll be fine and do great! :)
  • HRgoldenlife
    HRgoldenlife Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You are not an idiot! You have been doing soooo well. Too well actually, meaning, if you are way under your calories you are not going to lose and if you do it's not healthy. But anyway, it is great that you rewarded yourself and celebrated with your BF. Get back on track when you are ready and do not beat yourself up!!!!
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    thanks ladies. I am definately taking the advice. I havent worked out and havent really been restricting calories just keeping up with it, the only reason I am on here now is taking a study break LOL