PROGRESS!! YAY

Options
Well I am now down 22 pounds! I'm so excited about it. I've worked like a dog. A lot of my friends that are overweight keep saying oh "you look good I'm so jealous its not fair". But whats not fair is them not realizing I work like a DOG to get where I'm at. I finally finally finally broke the 200lb barrier. I am now 197, when I started MFP a few months ago I was 219. I was depressed so I decided I'm going to start running, I started C25k. When I could hardly run for 60 seconds (a minute) I realized things HAD to change. So I decided to start logging my foods. I was shocked to see how much junk food I eat in a day. I started cutting these things out of my diet. Soon I started losing inches, I started running easier.

Now 8 weeks later, having lost a good 15 lbs while doing c25k I can run 3 miles in 25-28 minutes. Its crazy how much better I feel. I even get looks while I'm working now. People at work are starting to say "You've really lost the weight lately". I feel so proud of myself. C25k motivated me to get in shape. The following is my usual workout schedule. This will explain why I hate them saying "its not fair you lose weight and I don't".

3 days of running no less than 3 miles
30 minutes of yoga or biggest loser workout vids or both most of the time on the days I don't run
45 minutes of Elliptical training once a week at my school

Its so much work, I don't ever deny myself the foods I want. If I want a piece of pizza I go for it if My calories allow. If I go over in calories a day then I make up for it in exercise the next day. I don't believe in denying yourself the things you want. If you want a candy bar go for it, don't get a king size, get a fun size, or normal size, do exercise to compensate.

Thats another thing they say, "I don't want to watch my calories I'd rather eat what I want" I do eat what I want. It's called portion control. And portion control is the #1 thing I think we all need to work on.

Sorry for the rant/brag

I know you guys understand and wont tell me its not fair lol

I'm so proud of myself. My goal is 166, from there I'll then try my target weight but for now I'd like to get back to my "normal" weight first.

Replies

• mykaar74
    mykaar74 Posts: 253
    Options
    great job seems lie you are right on track & doing a great job. Keep Up the great work
  • brownsugar84
    brownsugar84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! :) That's fantastic, and you've really come a long way!!
    What you wrote about portion control is spot on, and is something I'm having issues with. In my mind, I know how much I should have, but always tend to go overboard. (That's why this calorie tracker on this site rocks!)

I agree that sometimes people think the weight loss journey seems easy, and perhaps for some people it can be. For others, it's breaking old unhealthy habits, and starting a new lifestyle. It's exciting (especially when you start seeing results), but it's also very challenging and a lot of work.

Anyways, thank you for sharing your story and good luck with the running :)
  • TeriTee
    Options
    You're kicking *kitten*! I've been slacking big time on running, and your schedule is inspiring. Great job :)
  • vitaenamor
    Options
    That is so awesome!! Congratulations, I hope to have the same results in 8 weeks, I kinda just started but I'm happy I'm seeing process as well! Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work :D
  • pinksgirlfriend
    pinksgirlfriend Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    good for you! you keep it up!
  • EmmieSu
    EmmieSu Posts: 136
    Options
    Way to go!! I completely agree with portion control. If I want it, and my calories allow for it, I enjoy it, just in a smaller portion. The other night, my husband brought home slice and bake cookies, well I sliced them smaller than the pkg, directed, and was figuring calories, and I realized that 2 of those regular cookies, would have been over 260 calories. I was shocked! We don't often have those kind of cookies, but it wasn't worth it to me. I told him, I can eat a regular size candy bar, and have less calories. Portion control 2 cookies or a candy bar? I hate the "it's not on my diet" saying. If you can't control what your eating, and have a ton of restrictions, you won't be satisfied, and you'll fall off. Atleast, that's what I've always done in the past.
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Awesome job!

I completely and totally agree with your philosophy of eating what you want, not denying yourself, and portion control! I've been able to lose weight while on vacation, visiting home and eating incredibly good homemade Italian food, camping, and ordering pizza and getting fast food on the nights when both me and my husband worked late and wanted something quick. I haven't cut anything out of my diet. And it has DEFINITELY worked! :flowerforyou:
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've definitely got your head screwed on right. Well done hun x