Pregnant ladies...

Options
Hi,

Any other pregnant ladies on here? I'm 32 weeks on Monday and have been using MFP to ensure I'm eating a balanced diet, getting all the essential nutrients and to make sure I'm eating enough calories each day (usually over eating my maintenance cals +200 due to sweet cravings :laugh: ) I wouldn't say I've consistently logged all my food either but I've used this as a guide. Just wondered if anyone else was doing the same or had used it whilst they were pregnant as well?

Kerry

Replies

• HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    35 weeks here. Been on MFP for years though. Felt no need to stop tracking just because I was prego. In fact, I feel like tracking even better since being preggers. I have done great - 15lb gain and holding steady. I have been using Instagram in connection with MFP to really stay on top of things and motivated!

What are you having? Boy/girl? Girl here. Torn on names still though.

:flowerforyou:
  • kerryradz
    kerryradz Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP on and off for years and was also using it when I found out I was pregnant. I think using MFP is great to keep an eye on what you are eating, I know I've definitely had days were I would of drastically under eaten if I wasn't tracking my calories (just due to lack of appetite) and because of MFP i've made sure I've had something to top that day up. I've been told they think the baby is a girl, but to keep receipts just in case - the baby was being an awkward little squirt and hiding :laugh:
    Names are a hard one, we have a few names in mind but can't decide. Think it'll be an on the day decision :happy:
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Yeah there were a few days early on when I couldn't eat... just couldn't hold anything down!

I had genetic testing done, so we knew the gender around 11 weeks.

We have a few names picked out, but like you will probably be the last minute decision! LOL

Funny thing, I am really excited to get back into my work out routine. I have been super motivated and looking forward to my post baby body (maybe a bit more so than before baby?!?!).
  • kerryradz
    Options
    Same here, I can't wait to get into a fitness regime and get back out training - also I'm getting married a month and a half after the due date so it will be a must.

I also can't wait to be able to take and be proud of a before and after pic...e.g. few weeks after baby born with baby and then 1 year down the line with my little one - well that's what I'm aiming for anyway, hopefully I'll get there!

I also want to set a good example to my future child, if I lead a healthy and active lifestyle hopefully it'll rub off on them! Especially in the society now were a lot of children will just sit in front of the TV or play video games instead of out with their friends riding bikes like the good old days
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I used MFP through my 3rd pregnancy and only gained 24 lbs with him, lost it all right after too.
  • kerryradz
    Options
    I used MFP through my 3rd pregnancy and only gained 24 lbs with him, lost it all right after too.

woo hoo, well done! can't wait to be able to say the same :flowerforyou: