Need your inputs on my workout routine

Options
This is my first post... so please be nice to me :)

I am 5’4” & came down from 160 lbs to 145 in the past 5 months.. I am apple shaped (skinny arms n legs & a round-visible tummy..grrr). My daily net calories are 1200 which I comply to 90% of the time. My goals are to reach 125 lbs & possibly an hour-glass or close (sigh!!). I would like to share with you all my exercise routine which I enjoy & have your inputs on whether I am on the right path to reaching an hour-glass. I can see that I am losing weight n some inches too; but would like your thoughts on whether I should modify my workout schedule or keep doing what I am doing to reach my hour-glass goal.

Monday: Zumba 1 hr (burn 400+ calories)
Tuesday: Yoga 1 hr
Wednesday: Zumba 1 hr (burn 400+ calories)
Thursday: Pilates 1 hr
Friday: Zumba 1 hr (burn 400+ calories)
Saturday: Body sculpt 1 hr

Do you think 3 intensive sessions of yoga, pilates & body sculpt per week are giving me enough strength training or if I need to switch to something else to reach my goals. Thanks a bunch :)

Replies

• Mydailytrack
    Mydailytrack Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Anyone??
  • Linda6580
    Linda6580 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I would suggest dropping some cardio and adding in a few sessions of lifting. It will help to tone and you will not lose any more muscle. Try reading new rules of lifting for women or searching other forums strength/lifting. There are many on here.
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I agree, you need more strength training probably to get the body shape you're looking for. It's not easy--I will soon be switching from weight loss to body re-composition myself, and since I don't really like weight lifting I'm not looking forward to it. But I know the results are what I want, so it'll be worth it!

There's several different kinds of weight lifting programs--New Rules of Lifting for Women and Strong Lifts are two of the most popular, but there's something for everyone. Good luck!