lost 65 pounds! with pics :)

Options

Replies

• elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    with a toddler? ohh you are an amazing hot momma!
  • 19wilson88
    19wilson88 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    From what you're describing at the gym, 50 minutes of cardio followed by 30-40 minutes of weights, you're pushing too hard. Try doing 30 minutes of strength one day, and the next day do the cardio. I'd be exhausted doing 1.5 hours at the gym, and I don't have a kid nor am I producing milk. I know that weight loss is your main goal (so it seems), but that should just be a means to an end, i.e. being healthy. And what you're doing now doesn't seem sustainable. If you can be moderately active 6 days a week (1/2 hour at the gym) vs. over-doing it 4 days (1.5 hours at the gym), you might just feel better. Also, if you can't get to the gym that often, try going for a walk or a jog outside. You've got your whole life to get that "perfect body"; don't wear yourself out trying to get it in a hurry.
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I started at 235 and now I am at 170. I would like to get to 150, but I feel stuck. I tried drastically cutting calories but I am still nursing my daughter and it destroyed me! I had no energy, my stomach hurt all the time, my hair was brittle and my nails wouldn't grow at all. So my doctor informed me that I am anemic and set me at a firm 2,000 calories until my daughter is no longer nursing. I watch what I eat and I even find it challenging to reach that amount (surprising!!). To make up for this I go to the gym four times a week. I do 30 minutes on the elliptical and typically burn 320 to 350 calories, then I do the treadmill for another 20 burning about 150 and then I do weight training for another half hour to forty minutes. On the days I don't go to the gym, I am fairly active (I am a single parent and I have a toddler....haha). Maybe I am not being patient enough, but I feel like I haven't seen the scale move in weeks.

Anyone have any suggestions?

wjo_zps7031baa6.jpg

You look great !!!!!
  • hjar
    hjar Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey, this is my first time posting in the community. I started MFP a little over a year ago and only lasted a couple months before checking in less and less and giving up all together. Then I gained another 35 lbs more this last year. It was a hard year personally and I didn't handle it well. Anyway, I'm back on MFP. I started out at 230 and have lost 10 lbs so far. Seeing you start out at about the same weight and how awesome you look now is a great motivator. Thanks for sharing!
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    You look great! You will start seeing progress again soon. Dont get discouraged. You have come so far!!!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    In that tv voice - honey, you look marvelous! I hear that last bit can be quite stubborn, so if it were me, I'd focus on maintenance for a while, then after the nursing time, give it a little push with the diet? Whatever you decide, you look marvelous - oh, I said that already? My bad, just wanted to tell you that you look great, and you should stop and enjoy the scenery from where you're at, because you are a fit looking woman but your head still thinks like a fat girl. You need a little breather, to get your mind to catch up with the fact that you look marvelous!
  • mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    Great job so far!

Be patient with yourself. My scale was "stuck" for 5-6 weeks but I could see that I was smaller. I tried to be happy that I was not gaining and that worked a little. I decided to take measurements and the next time I checked the scale I was 5 pounds down. Makes no sense but whatever. I've been losing steadily since.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Your calorie burns sound a little high.

This ^^^

That said, I think that listening to your doctor and probably waiting until your child is weaned are both good ideas.
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Question for you OP: based on the fact that we only have one quite attractive picture with which to judge.

170 is not great for you because?
  • stennis
    stennis Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Check out the threads on lifting. Great results demonstrated all being able to eat. You won't get bulky for sure.
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    DiaryOfaThickFitWoman Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I think you should keep eating at 2000 and Incorporate more strength training, you look good! Stop being hard on yourself. Can't wait until I get where your at!
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the time with your daughter. They grow up way to fast. You look amazing. I do agree with maybe changing your routine up somehow. Maybe you can talk to the doctor about lowering your cals by x amount each week too and see how you do. You can do it!! :smile:
  • suzfirebird
    suzfirebird Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    lift heavier weights and cut your cardio:happy:
  • Fit2BeFly
    Fit2BeFly Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You look really great.
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic. I have similar goals so very inspiring!
  • MissMonicaC
    MissMonicaC Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous. Congrats!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    You look great!! You should be very proud!!! I started at 202 and am 135 now.
  • sprocketism
    sprocketism Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You are the perfect candidate for a whole foods, plant-based diet ie: Plant Strong, given your health issues. Google Plant Strong and/or watch Forks Over Knives. It'll blow your mind.

And by the way, kudos for your success!

Happy Vegging!
  • Noley87
    Noley87 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank all of you so much for all the encouragement and the tips!! I think I will switch up my routine more often and incorporate more weights :) And I will look into the Plant Strong.
    You guys are really fantastic people :)
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    congrats :) you look great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!