lost 65 pounds! with pics :)

Options
13»

Replies

• Noley87
    Noley87 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Also I bought a CalorieSmart heart monitor thing and I am pretty sure it is fairly accurate. The myfitnesspal calorie estimate for 30 minutes on the elliptical is a bit higher than my monitor tells me so I have to adjust it.

And I feel pretty wiped the second I get off that thing. :D
  • Workinonit123
    Workinonit123 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    From what you're describing at the gym, 50 minutes of cardio followed by 30-40 minutes of weights, you're pushing too hard. Try doing 30 minutes of strength one day, and the next day do the cardio. I'd be exhausted doing 1.5 hours at the gym, and I don't have a kid nor am I producing milk. I know that weight loss is your main goal (so it seems), but that should just be a means to an end, i.e. being healthy. And what you're doing now doesn't seem sustainable. If you can be moderately active 6 days a week (1/2 hour at the gym) vs. over-doing it 4 days (1.5 hours at the gym), you might just feel better. Also, if you can't get to the gym that often, try going for a walk or a jog outside. You've got your whole life to get that "perfect body"; don't wear yourself out trying to get it in a hurry.
  • ezloshead
    ezloshead Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    With everything going on you really gotta take time for yourself. Like everyone else is saying, it's not a race. Getting there healthy is more important than getting there fast.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hi

Youre doing amazing as your nursing too!!!! I nursed 3 children and I was told not to burn too many calories it affects milk and causes anemia and can mess hormones up after. I lost weight while nursing but nowhere near what you have I think you look amazing well done you and I must say my body held onto 10lbs of fat until I finished nursing as the body needs stored fat as a backup to keep baby fed I think you are doing great dont despair as you get smaller it gets harder
  • 1961mike
    1961mike Posts: 3
    Options
    Great job. You have come so far and it seems so frustrating that you just can't get to your finish line, right? I understand that sentiment. Don't be blinded by your great success. You only have 20 lbs to loose. It is going to come off a little slower. You sound like a machine! Great inspiration.
  • akilbourn
    Options
    A. I think you look great!
    B. If you are anemic and having problems with your hair and nails becoming brittle, boost your protein
    C. My friend who is a trainer gave me a tip for when you plateau- believe it or not, throw in a high calorie day, it will confuse your body and jump start the burning with your work out routine.
  • carlrinker
    Options
    Awesome job, you look great. keep it going. I'm right there with you, started at 220 and now 155.
  • Schellsisbacktoattack
    Options
    Girl! you look amazing! just focus on the NSV right now, and more will come off... just keep doing what your doing. Also, sometimes if you switch up your routine, maybe do weights before cardio.. or a diferent type of cardio? or a different type of weights? sometimes that will help too....
    however, you look SO good!!! I was 190 and November I decided it was time. I am now about 168! I am really short, so my goal weight is 120,,,, still have about 49lbs to loose! its tough, but your pictures totally just inspired me! THANK YOU so much!!! =):flowerforyou:
  • Noley87
    Noley87 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank YOU :) Its awesome that you lost over 20 pounds already!! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!