:-( Can't stay motivated

Options
I've been at this for just a little over a week. The first couple of days was a breeze and i've lost 6 lbs but now i feel like i'm already at my breaking point and just want junk food and to be lazy. I'm at a stand still. Working 2 jobs isn't helping, i'm just exhausted and don't want to excersice. I don't want to throw in the towel, not at all which is why i wanted to post this. I need motivation, help :-( -Ash

Replies

• Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    This is normal and you are not alone, It's kind of like your body is going through withdrawl. Just stick with it and remember if you fall off the wagon, pick yourselfback up and get back on. We are here for You!
  • krystie99
    krystie99 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You can do it! It seems like your super busy, so maybe try spliting up your exercise throughout the day? 10 minutes here, 15 minutes there... and if there still isn't enough time in the day for that just work on logging your food. One step at a time... :)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Even if you've just started you can give yourself a little freedom. If you feel like you absolutely need some junk food try a miniature candy bar, and individual sized bag of chips, one serving of whatever it is you need. That way your craving will be satiated but you won't go overboard. There's no reason you have to deny yourself any foods, especially if you plan on eating them in moderation once you've reached your goal. Giving yourself a little wiggle room, being a little relaxed makes this a whole lot easier.
  • junerbug
    Options
    Motivation :
    1. giving of reason to act: the act of giving somebody a reason or incentive to do something
    2. enthusiasm: a feeling of enthusiasm, interest, or commitment that makes somebody want to do something, or something that causes such a feeling
    3. reason: a reason for doing something or behaving in a particular way

You have the incentive, you wanna succeed at losing weight. You are starting to lack enthusiasm. Just keep going, A lazy day should not be an option. You can do it, find something to motivate you. An incentive for your real incentive. Like a cute dress or a picture of will smith half naked with a cow boy hat. (or that only me?). you have a reason for everything your feeling. And everyone here will feel that reason it is hard to go from mcdonalds everyday to salad. It SUCKS! But the Mcdonalds is only killing us. You can do it.! I know you can! Everyone can. We just have to be strong! Be focussed. And make a new path off are old one.

hope this is helpful
    -junerbug
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    I agree with NoAdditives, one little snack isn't going to make or break you. Trust and believe if I had to go the rest of my life with chocolate, well let's just say the world would not be a better place for it. You can do this and you don't have to beat yourself up over it!!!
  • mulligasam
    mulligasam Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Even if you've just started you can give yourself a little freedom. If you feel like you absolutely need some junk food try a miniature candy bar, and individual sized bag of chips, one serving of whatever it is you need. That way your craving will be satiated but you won't go overboard. There's no reason you have to deny yourself any foods, especially if you plan on eating them in moderation once you've reached your goal. Giving yourself a little wiggle room, being a little relaxed makes this a whole lot easier.

i totally agree with the above!!!
    I think the worst thing you can do is put your body through total withdrawal from the food that is used to. Allowing yourself little bit of what you fancy every now and then can help stop you from doing what we all tend to do on a "diet" which is eat super healthy for a while, lose weight only to give to temptation, pig out and go totally overboard. making all the good work you previously put in pointless.
    Everything in moderation, is the key. If you feel mentally that your depriving yourself of something your going to be miserable, which doesn't help anyone
  • ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I may get stoned, but I'm not gonna lie. Sometimes I intentionally jump off the wagon (as opposed to falling off) for a little bit. Sometimes it's ten minutes and sometimes it's a day, but the important part is that I get back ON. By allowing yourself to have what you crave, you are helping yourself stay on your diet. We all still have to live life, we can't just lock ourselves in a little room that has nothing but healthy food, which means that we have to learn how to live with the "crappy" tasty food that is out there. It's okay to have once in a while in moderation, just don't have it all the time. Hang in there. :)
  • ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    By stoned I meant "stones thrown at me" not wasted. LOL. I just read that after I posted it. I know I'm a dork. :)
  • junerbug
    Options
    4:20 is the worst for me. not going to lie. But if you make yourself feel a different craving, you can subdue your munchies for something like. Energy, Sleep, Lust, Focus. When I started my diet And I Religiously focus on 4:20 and I had the worst Munchies. But I learn to make my body crave something else. And it worked. Its all a mind game. You can conquer your mind game. Don't give up thats a bad mindset, don't think about it. Just think about Okay right now Im not doing so good, but later on or tomorrow will be better,.
  • rockonerin
    Options
    don't get stressed or overwhelmed, love! as your bestie from "the real world", PLEASE text or call me anytime you're feeling unmotivated - we talk most days on facebook for 3+ hours anyway ;) and DEFINITELY have certain foods if you're craving them. a small thing of fries or a couple pieces of pizza won't derail you - i made xmas cookies yesterday and totally indulged but i'm back today. let's shed some pounds for MIAMI <3 love you lady!!