Big Chested Women (A question for women)

Options
Hello,
Im sorry i couldnt come up with a better title but i have a problem with my big chest! I find it really hard to exercise to my fullest potential bc of the size of my chest and the sensitivity of them being tossed around like a rag doll. i have a sports bra and that doesnt hold them in as well as i want them to. i have always hated them, even tho people always comment on how wonderful they are and how they wished they had my size and proportion and whatnot. They have been in my way since junior high school and they are getting outta control. I know "THEY" say that when you lose weight, breast weight tends to go first. HOWEVER, mine are as stubborn as an ox and tend to prevent me from wanting to do exercises that require alotta bouncing around...

NOW my question to all you amazing ladies who have faced the big breasted challenge with exercise, i need advice on what i can do to prevent my " LADIES" from giving my a black eye. AND What exercises can i do to LOSE these watermelons once and for all (or at least have them go down several cup sizes). PLEASE any advice is vital!

Thanks,
Loren---Bearface

Replies

• chacaruso
    chacaruso Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem and even at my lowest weight, I never lost an ounce in my chest. I resorted to wearing two sports bras until I finally had a reduction. I've been exercising to my fullest potential since (not that it has helped me lose with my menopause issues but boy do I feel better ;)
  • amymelick
    amymelick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Check into ENELL bras. You can go on-line to their website. They have the best bras for "holding in the girls" while you exercise and are made specifically for us larger chested women.
  • nubreeze33
    Options
    I wear TWO sports bras.......I am losing weight in that area but i've always had large breasts. Anyways, I use a really good quality sports bra then I wear a sports type of top that had support like a sports bra. Hope you are able to find what you need, I would hate to think that is holding you back from working out. Best of luck to you!
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    thanks! and it;s not that im feeling held back with exercising, but exercising to my fullest potential... hence why i have been having trouble with losing weight, i wish they were like balloons and i can either deflate them or pop them, lol!
  • TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Had the same issue....lost weight but never in my chest. I was seeing a chiropractor who gave me the idea of getting a reduction because of back pain. It was the best decision I have ever made!!!! Plus because of the amount of tissue removed my insurance paid for the operation.
    What I would suggest (because there are no good bras for big chests) is to think about how much of an inconvenience they are and is it worth surgery. Then if you say it is check into your insurance company to see what the requirments are for them to cover it.
    I have to say I had mine a year ago and now love having breast, before I hated them! If you have any questions message me.

Best of luck.
  • lookoutforlydia
    Options
    Well, I mostly use an Elliptical and that isn't too bad on the bouncing around, and I would definitely suggest wearing two sports bras, I can tell a difference when I do that. Keep in mind that I'm a D, which isn't MASSIVE, buts its not tiny either.
  • amstein18
    Options
    ugh! welcome to my world!! i alllwaaays used the excuse of not being able to jog/run/jump because of my massive boobies.. but then i found an amazing sports bra! and I paired it with another sports bra on top of that haha. i firmly believe in doubling up when you have a big chest.
    here is the bra i use ( i am a 36ddd so i promise if it works for me, it'll work for you haha )...
    http://www.titlenine.com/product/sports-bras-and-undies/underwire-bras/318901.do?sortby=ourPicks

and then i just put a simple sports bra on top.. like this one.....
    http://www.target.com/C9-Champion-Seamless-Racerback-Bra/dp/B0031JBJDE/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&keywords=sports bra&fromGsearch=true&sr=1-24&qid=1292075964&rh=&searchRank=target104545&id=C9 Champion Seamless Racerback Bra&node=1038576|1287991011&searchSize=30&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0

HOPE THAT HELPS YOU! :)
  • nikkicarter13
    nikkicarter13 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I love Moving Comfort Maia sports bras. They have been the best I have ever worn. I used to wear 2 sports bras before and ever since I found these I will not go back.
  • pshontz
    pshontz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I agree with nikki9779, try Moving Comfort Maia bras. I discovered them at a local running store and then I bought more on Amazon for a lower price. Very supportive. The running store also had other kinds I could try on so I would recommend trying a local running store.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Instead of wearing two sports bras, I'd just wear one underwired (you know, the keep 'em apart, no cleavage possible kind) underneath a sports bra. I would buy my sports bras a little tight so that there wasn't much bouncing and that worked pretty well for me. Cardio will burn calories but you can't really spot reduce. Chest flies and push-ups will help to tone your muscles, but cardio seems to be the thing to do. It is possible for them to shrink a lot. I've gone from an I cup to a D and eventually you'll just miss them, lol.
  • Bearface115
    Options
    ugh! welcome to my world!! i alllwaaays used the excuse of not being able to jog/run/jump because of my massive boobies.. but then i found an amazing sports bra! and I paired it with another sports bra on top of that haha. i firmly believe in doubling up when you have a big chest.
    here is the bra i use ( i am a 36ddd so i promise if it works for me, it'll work for you haha )...
    http://www.titlenine.com/product/sports-bras-and-undies/underwire-bras/318901.do?sortby=ourPicks

and then i just put a simple sports bra on top.. like this one.....
    http://www.target.com/C9-Champion-Seamless-Racerback-Bra/dp/B0031JBJDE/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&keywords=sports bra&fromGsearch=true&sr=1-24&qid=1292075964&rh=&searchRank=target104545&id=C9 Champion Seamless Racerback Bra&node=1038576|1287991011&searchSize=30&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0

HOPE THAT HELPS YOU! :)

Oh i looove them! im going to go on to amazon and buy some bras! Now i feel like maybe i can get some workout on!! lol!
  • IsntSheLovely
    Options
    Good bra advice. I myself hadn't given an exercise bra much though, since I'm not at the point yet where I'd be jumping around! lol Anyway, whatever size, love your breasts; they're part of who you are. Don't "boobie bash" them! :-)
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I started wearing two sports bras. That actually really helps. I thought it would be totally uncomfortable but I like it better that way. It wasn't until I had lost about 50 pounds that I started to lose weight in my chest. It will come off eventually some I'm sure. You can't really spot reduce where you lose though. Only tone. Good luck!
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Try wearing 2 sports bras at the same time. LOL for real! I have done it and it kept them in PLACE. Weight loss has shrunk my chest 2 bra sizes though! So I no longer have that problem.
  • Bearface115
    Options
    Instead of wearing two sports bras, I'd just wear one underwired (you know, the keep 'em apart, no cleavage possible kind) underneath a sports bra. I would buy my sports bras a little tight so that there wasn't much bouncing and that worked pretty well for me. Cardio will burn calories but you can't really spot reduce. Chest flies and push-ups will help to tone your muscles, but cardio seems to be the thing to do. It is possible for them to shrink a lot. I've gone from an I cup to a D and eventually you'll just miss them, lol.

lol i doubt ill ever miss my gigantic Basketballs!, but underwire cuts into my side boobs and break quickly! but thank you for the suggestion dear!
  • Bearface115
    Options
    Try wearing 2 sports bras at the same time. LOL for real! I have done it and it kept them in PLACE. Weight loss has shrunk my chest 2 bra sizes though! So I no longer have that problem.

I really will consider 2 sports bras now! They need to go Bye Bye!
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Double up, baby! There are lots of women who have been pleased with their breast reductions, but I'd never recommend surgery when two sports bras can change your world! :) Use a heavy duty on the bottom and a lighter one on top and you'll be just fine. Good luck... I've lost a lot of weight and my breasts HAVE reduced a bit as well, but I'm always going to be a super curvy gal. So just strap 'em down and get moving!
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    48 DD

I have sort of the opposite problem. I LOVE my big chest and I don't want to loose and ounce of it.

In fact my first blog was a eulegy to by boobs. I weighed them (7 pounds each), I cried at the potential loose of them, and I'm not a proponent of plastic surgery but I gave myself permission to have augmentation when I got to my goal if I felt it was necessary.

BUT -

In the beginning I did have the problem of being sore when I tried to run. I have two suggestions, one buy a bra a few sizes too small. In my case, I got a 46C. That really helped and is the prefered option. My second suggestion is one of those belly straps that you use when you're pregnant. It was the perfect width and was tight but had some give that it gave me the support I needed.

Good luck.

- Eva
  • Suisho25
    Suisho25 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I went up to FF cup after having children. I'd always been big and at only 5ft I think I looked ridiculous, couldn't exercise properly to lose weight, not even with the best sports bra money could buy, and was having terrible back pain, so last year I had a reduction. One year on I am all healed up, loving my new shape and am at the lightest I have been in years! I've only been working out properly for a month and have already reached my pre wedding weight, and intend to roll the clock back a few more years! In my late teens I weighed just 7 1/2 stones and was super fit but was still a DD so, in my case I don't believe that exercising was going to make any difference to them, and as I recall, they actually increased in size due to the bigger muscles behind them. After the surgery I was advised to keep my under wire bra on with my sports bra to hold them in place while exercising for the first few months, that seemed to do the trick. I'm a C cup now and in proportion! Having the surgery was the right choice for me.

Best wishes,
  • pursuinghappiness
    Options
    I concur with the ENELL bra. Totally worth the 50.00 bucks. I too have large breasts and this bra keeps them nice and snug. I jog on trails and they seriously don't move. It's a new feeling :D