Tatts, Piercings, Brandings.....

Options

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I have one tattoo, my own design... it's my family logo, and all 4 of us have this tattoo. The bear claw stands for my husband, nicknamed Bear; the dragonfly is my niece's personal icon; my nephew-in-law and farm manager is Native American, so he gets the eagle feather; and the sun represents me. Hands all around on this farm, and all of us connected by love ( the heart in the center). This tattoo is visible in my profile pic. I have pierced ears, will not pierce anything else, thank you, but I may get a second tattoo, an Om symbol on my right hip.
  • KimberDG9966
    KimberDG9966 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 9 tattoos and 9 piercings :) Can't wait to get more ink!!
  • FunSizedK
    FunSizedK Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have 2 tattoos and I am planning on a half sleeve that will connect to the one on my shoulder! I can't wait I am so waiting on the goal weight to get it
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    tatts =/= tattoos

Check-out-my-tatts-tatting-how-to.jpg
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Working on 2 half sleeves at the moment. Will gladly friend any ink fans!
  • khkjkk
    khkjkk Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    tatts =/= tattoos

Did not know that was a thing. What you learn on MFP...
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    no tats, i have my belly button, lip, nipples and tongue pierced
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Love tattoos on guys or girls. I have one on my back but my artist friend drew up a design I planned and I'm getting a half sleeve in a few months.

Men with tattoos and beards are my weakness.

ac9ede3a1e221e9ae839d4c7c90334c9.jpg
  • DontEatTheCake3
    Options
    I will probably get the tats I want on my sides/hips/leg area once I lose the weight I want to. :)
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Tats and piercings are just sexy to me. I got 3 tats had a total of 3 piercings I want to put my piercings back in but I've been told they're not very professional. But def getting a tat when I reach my goal.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    tatts =/= tattoos

Did not know that was a thing. What you learn on MFP...
    I actually learned it from my tattoo artist, who has a sign devoted to the difference between tatting and tattoing next to her chair.
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options

I'm having a hell of a time getting over the horrendous grammar in that e-card.

I have 3, 4 or 5 tats, depending on how you count. Tinkerbell on my right shoulder. A tramp stamp that looks like tribal crap but is really my daughter's initials and my best friend's initials as a mirror image. My best friend passed in 2001 and my daughter is named for her. On my ankle, a shooting star. Wrapped around that ankle, the quote "You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart." And above that, the numbers "39.3".

Only my ears are pierced. I'm chicken.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    were there any brandings?

my swim coach had a few, they are actually almost common in the NFL.

i'm guessing its a Frat thing (was for my coach) as far as i know they can't legally do that in a tattoo shop, am i wrong?
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I have two cartilage piercings, belly button piercing, want a few dermal implants, and considering another piercing. Have four tattoos, a fifth planned, and would like a big side piece if I can find a good portrait artist.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    One of my brothers has a brand. He and a bunch of friends all got it in memory of another friend who killed himself when they were in high school.
  • yellerica83
    Options
    Love tattoos on guys or girls. I have one on my back but my artist friend drew up a design I planned and I'm getting a half sleeve in a few months.

Men with tattoos and beards are my weakness.

lol i agree!
  • yellerica83
    Options
    were there any brandings?

my swim coach had a few, they are actually almost common in the NFL.

i'm guessing its a Frat thing (was for my coach) as far as i know they can't legally do that in a tattoo shop, am i wrong?

I think some place do them but far and few in between....Ive known a few people who had some crazy brandings that they did themselves....
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I have two cartilage piercings, belly button piercing, want a few dermal implants, and considering another piercing. Have four tattoos, a fifth planned, and would like a big side piece if I can find a good portrait artist.

I've been looking for a serious portrait artist myself.... my oldest daughter has done some research for me and now there are 2 I'm considering. One is in D.C. and she has a 6-7 month wait list, the other is in Pittsburgh, and he actually did one of my oldests leg pieces.... Simply amazing work!

I have 3 tatto's now, and have 3-4 more planned. As for piercings, I have my ears, and 2 cartilage piercings that healed over but I'm thinking of getting redone.
  • JamieMommy1985
    JamieMommy1985 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    When I lose this last 18 lbs. I'm rewarding myself with a new tattoo. It's a Willow tree and im going to hide my son, mom and sisters names in it so it will be like a family tree. I CANNOT WAIT!!!!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    not suggesting that this is why people get tattoos, but i think its interesting that NOT having a tattoo seems to be more non-conformist then having one these days.