question for women with big chests????

I bought a new HRM. I got the one with the chest strap. How do you wear yours?? the pic shows it is supposed to go over the chest, when i do that it does not read. I can only get it to read under the breast. How accurate is it there???

Replies

• shel0158
    shel0158 Posts: 31 Member
    bump
  • i've got a polar HRM and the chest strap is suppose to go just below the breast. I just put mine on and make sure it's up as high as i can get it under my breasts and then make sure the sensor part is positioned over the heart area. hth
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    I strap my hrm under my pecs. Works just fine. Pretty sure that's the way it's supposed to fit anyway.
  • shel0158
    shel0158 Posts: 31 Member
    Thank you, I was using the touch ones but i dont know how accurate it is considering i have to keep stopping to take heart rate so i bought one with chest strap last night, the book that came with it didnt say how to wear it and only had one pic of the back, appeared that you wore it just under arms and over the chest but i couldnt get it to read, so i played around with it. i wanted to get help from other people who use them before i did my first workout with it. again thank you.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    I wear mine about 1-2" under my breasts.. any lower and it doesn't pick up anything. Sensor is center
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Thank you, I was using the touch ones but i dont know how accurate it is considering i have to keep stopping to take heart rate so i bought one with chest strap last night, the book that came with it didnt say how to wear it and only had one pic of the back, appeared that you wore it just under arms and over the chest but i couldnt get it to read, so i played around with it. i wanted to get help from other people who use them before i did my first workout with it. again thank you.

I got a motoactiv today, using a garmin chest strap, while my husband was helping me set it up and showing me how to use it, we discovered that wearing a bra with an underwire, it would cause it not to register. I wore the strap just below my breasts, and with the change of the bra we got it working perfectly.