Feeling Blue

Options
Back in January, at a Dr's appointment, I stepped on the scale and almost cried - I was about 10 pounds heavier than I was a year ago, which was 14 pounds heavier than I was comfortable with back then. I was the same weight I was back when I was 22 (just turned 28 last week) and decided to lose weight (and successfully lost like 15 lbs!). I had just started working out again at a place that did small group training as well as large group work outs - POUND, Piloxing, Booty Barre, Spin, etc. This past month (Feb), I decided that it just wasn't cutting it. I was going semi frequently, but not enough, and had no control over my food intake, I knew I was over doing it. So I joined a small group personal training once a week. Weighed in for the first time on the 27th and I was almost 5 lbs heavier than I was in Jan!! But I decided to try to not let that get to me...I was there to start making changes! Joined MFP (again) as part of the program. I feel like I am doing pretty well with my calories - 1,300 per day, slightly more on days I work out. I've been doing 2 classes on Sunday, then one class per day Monday -Thursday. I give myself Friday and Saturday off. Each week I've weighed in, I've managed to gain weight! Not much, nothing REALLY significant, but enough to just depress me. I know that it hasn't been much time, and I know the saying - muscle weighs more than fat. But I really just wanted to get on the scale yesterday and have lost a few pounds. It's just hard to hear/see others in small group losing weight and I haven't yet. And I remember the first time I decided to lose weight - I had already lost 5 lbs by this time and point.

Not sure what I want or expect of this post. I guess I just needed to vent my feelings!
Thanks for reading!
:heart:

Replies

• Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Sorry you're feeling blue! How much weight do you have to lose in total? If it's not that much, you won't lose all that fast.

Are you measuring everything liquid you eat and weighing every solid food? When I started weighing everything, it was a harsh reality because I had been eating way more than I thought I was.

Best of luck to you, and don't be so hard on yourself! :flowerforyou:
  • rougecrayon2
    rougecrayon2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Be careful when using weight measurements to track your progress. You can gain weight from drinking water, and lose weight from taking a poo. Every day it's going to fluctuate, and even every hour it will continue. I can weigh up to 15 lbs more in the evenings than in the morning.

Try measuring your body size - Waist, Bust, Hips, etc. You will see the results faster, and muscles and hours will not change the results as much.
  • autumn_moon86
    Options
    Ideally, I would like to lose 25 pounds, but I would be okay with 20!
    I don't drink anything other than water - with the exception of one can of diet dr pepper with dinner. I haven't weighed my food - I should probably get a scale to make sure my guesstimates are more accurate!

They took our measurements on the first class. I don't think we measure again until the last class - 3 weeks from now. It's good to hear how much weight can fluctuate in a day - I tend to just think - you are what you are regardless of the time of day.

Thanks!! :)
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    what do you mean you give yourself Friday and Saturday off? With food or exercise? Because if its with food, are you still logging what you eat? you maybe undoing all your hard work in those 2 days
  • autumn_moon86
    Options
    I meant with exercise, sorry should have been more clear :)
    I still log on the weekends and try to not go over 1,300 cals since I'm not working out on those days!