"OMG, I didn't even recognize you!..."

Cytherea
Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
edited September 22 in Success Stories
So I'm a graduate student (finishing up my degree, actually), and I was in our grad library the other day. One of my friends was in there, and so was a kid that graduated in May. I haven't seen him in about a year, since we didn't have any classes together last spring semester. The two of them were talking and he was at the computer, with his back to me, so while I wanted to say hi, I didn't want to interrupt. So I went about my business. He must have looked over at me at some point, but I didn't notice.

Eventually, he gets up off the computer, and makes eye contact. So even though I'm interrupting, lol, I said "hey you! Haven't seen you in about a year, how've you been?" and he looked at me and hesitated. And then he says (obviously, without even thinking about it!) "Oh my God, I didn't even recognize you!! I thought you were a new student that I just didn't know!!..."

I didn't even know what to think. I kinda laughed, and then my friend chimed in with "I know right?! Doesn't she look amazing?! She does look like a totally different person!" and I said "I'm going to take that as a compliment?" and she was like "Of course! You look incredible! Doesn't she?" (directed at the other kid). He said "yes, you really do!"

I was just in total shock. I've had some pretty good reactions to my weight loss, but this just blew my mind/made my day. I've never had someone not recognize me before!! These people have seen me at my absolute heaviest; most of my close friends and family haven't really seen me that heavy since I only see them once or twice a year. The fact that it took him so long to recognize me, and that he couldn't even censor his reaction to realizing that it was me... I was giddy.

Life is crazy. And I love it.

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!