80 pounds lost on a long journey...

Options
My twin sister just found our 'Fat Years' photographs and I was completely shocked to see what I used to look like.

Long story short, I was an inactive teenager who sat and watched TV all day and ate WAY too much. By the time I was 13 I was almost 200 pounds at only 5' tall. I was wearing 36 men's pants and size large men's shirts:
approx. 200 lbs.
Disneyland.jpg
Baba.jpg

I started on a vegetarian diet, became more active in P.E. at school and was down in the 140s by the time I graduated high school.

In college my twin sister and I got down to the 130s and we were totally stoked.

I got engaged and started eating the same size portions as my 6' tall, 180 pound fiance. I went back into the 140s on my wedding day.
145 lbs.
DSC00447-2.jpg

Fed up with being overweight, I got serious in May 2010 and started to up my running to 3 miles a day (now up to 5.5-7 miles), using the 30 Day Shred, No More Trouble Zones, sticking to a strict 1,200 calorie diet, and journaling EVERYTHING I ATE. By the end of the summer I lost 25 pounds. My husband has lost 33 pounds as well and now I'm training for my first 1/2 marathon this spring.

127 lbs halfway through summer
28353_1455180020361_1259133616_31266484_6656890_n.jpg

118 lbs at end of summer
37947_451892534032_506814032_5357433_5117395_n.jpg

I went from wearing size 8 pants down to 2's or 4's and lost over four inches at my waist over the summer. Now I'm working on getting toned up and I have bicep muscles for the first time in my life!

Thanks for looking!

Replies

• BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! I love the Wuthering Heights style wedding attire.
  • Jolly2000
    Options
    WaW ,,WHAT A STORY
    SO INSPIRING
    YOU LOOK AWESOME,,,WAY TO GO GIRL :)
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    gr8 story, congrats. keep on tracking.:happy:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring. And a good lesson I am going to share with my ten year old daughter to continue encouraging her in her goal of being healthy and active. Thanks for sharing!
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you and your hubby! Beautifully written life story, thank you for sharing :) Inspiring to see! Oh and I LOVE your wedding attire! Beautiful :)
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Wow -

I got a little teary hearing your story.

Thank you for sharing your story. It is a good motivational tool.

Thank you and I'd like to say congratulations. You have done a fabulous job, not only in eating well but in your exercise goals. I know you are going to do great in your marathon training. You have come this far and that is great that you have now found a new way to challenge yourself.

Congrats,

- Eva
  • nonoark
    nonoark Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful story and your pictures really make it come to life! Thank you for sharing! Keep up the good work, you look Amazing!!
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    That's amazing. You look fantastic! Keep it up!
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I HAve a twin too!! haha but you are a total inspiration! i wanna do what you did to loose weight! i beleive i can do it now bc of you! i mean wow! Im just in AWE!
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    incredible, you look fantasticcccccccccccccccccc
  • KcFitCoach
    KcFitCoach Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You are such an inspiration! Keep up the great work!!!
  • stephnsuarez
    stephnsuarez Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    SUCH an inspiration! I am 5'1" and I am at the 140 mark and I am dying to get to 115-118! If you can do it so can I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cjusticeg
    cjusticeg Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    amazinggg
  • coachl78
    coachl78 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. I have lost 64 since September. I was going to have bypass surgery but said to heck with it. I put it on I can take it off. It is a bit challenging as I am disabled and cant walk but in some respects that is extra motivation. To look at before and after pics like you have posted is a great inspiration:Thank you.
  • seananc
    Options
    Way to go! you look GREAT!
  • kelseyt17
    kelseyt17 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I LOVE your wedding outfits. Makes me excited to get married! :D
  • AutismMom
    AutismMom Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!! You look wonderful!
  • Depplover28
    Options
    You look great! And I absoluely love the style of your wedding :]
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    wonderful! a big YAY for you! and i *love* *love* *love* your wedding photo! a handsome groom and a beautiful bride! you should totally post some more of those up just so we can see some more! best to you!
  • sandybeach11
    sandybeach11 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Awesome journey. Thanks for sharing. You look great!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!