Big Booty Wanna be

Options
Okay I need some ideas of exercises I can do at home that will help sculpt my Butt. Mr. Sensitive told me yesterday I have a bannock butt. Dear lord... I have narrow hips and have always a small butt. I am not asking for a j'lo booty just to tighten and lift it.

Replies

• Jaxsonjess
    Jaxsonjess Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I went to a trainer on Weds and he had me doing just walking lunges and squats and stepping onto like a bench and my gulutes hurt like no other!!! I have been in pain since weds!!! Good pain tho!!!
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Were you using weights or just body weight?
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    RHW-ATL-Workout-DVD_510x380.jpg
  • Jaxsonjess
    Jaxsonjess Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I had some with my body weight and then he had a 10 lbs weight also. My body weight was enough tho!!!! OMG lawd!!
  • PtheronJr
    PtheronJr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Walking lunges work well.
    Barbell glute bridges will encourage hypertrophy, as will hip thrusts. Doing deadlifts with proper form are one of the best ways to gain muscle mass in the glutes, squats as well, as long as you do them to depth.

Sculpting basically equates to gaining muscle mass in the glutes or improved muscle density, and in order to do that you need to do the exercises weighted. Body weight work is good to start out with, just for form and getting comfortable with the motions and the like, but I recommend doing everything with some additional resistance.
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    Some people strongly endorse the brazilian bum bum program by beachbody...

Really though, SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS. and Deadlifts. Then more squats.

Bodyweight, with weights, get it going! (Just go for good form)
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    barbell squats. i used to have no butt .... but barbell squats (in fact the whole stronglifts 5x5 routine) gave me a butt. :drinker:
  • Yep_imchicbad
    Yep_imchicbad Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I do not have a donkey nor do I want one, but I've been working on my booty since my daughter stole mine.

I highly recommend : squats, walking lunges, dead lifts, Romanian dead lifts, Russian step ups and bar bell hip thrusts, all with weights, dumb bells and barbells - for those who have a Miley. Its done wonders for mine.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    squats
    deadlifts
    bridge lifts
    lunges

and PHINE

is not a word- I would never purchase that workout simple based on the fact that's a really awful.. ... oh I just can't. good lord.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    squats
    deadlifts
    bridge lifts
    lunges

and PHINE

is not a word- I would never purchase that workout simple based on the fact that's a really awful.. ... oh I just can't. good lord.

+1... SMDH @ those videos.
  • azure7
    azure7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    There's a good workout program on YouTube - BeFit 30-day butt lift. Free and all you need are some dumbells. Here is the link to the proposed workout "schedule" www.lionsgatebefit.com/30daybuttlift.pdf‎. I work this into my usual workout routine and I enjoy it.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts, kettlebell swings, lunges, squat jumps, squats etc worked well for me. It happened on accident but here's the result: http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a629/julieleanne/beforeafterbooty.jpg

The timeframe between those 2 photos was about 9 months. The answer to every question it seems, is heavy lifting. There is a great before after thread around somewhere on the forum.
  • giggitygoo
    Options
    Found it:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1045433-women-lifting-heavy-with-pics

It's old, but some of the photos are still in there
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Squats, hip thrusts, lunges, deadlifts, etc., as others have said. Also, check out Bret Contreras and Strong Curves. If you're eating at a deficit, you won't gain mass in your bum, really, but you can lift what you do have, mine definitely has a better shape with these things, although I've never had a booty that would be considered small, even at my lightest.
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    When I was going to the gym I used 85 pound barbell to squat and 30 pound walking lunges. but I haven't been in the gym for over a year and my butt is suffering. lol. Whats the exercise that is supposed to give you "cut" under the cheek?
  • giggitygoo
    Options
    When I was going to the gym I used 85 pound barbell to squat and 30 pound walking lunges. but I haven't been in the gym for over a year and my butt is suffering. lol. Whats the exercise that is supposed to give you "cut" under the cheek?

Not sure what you mean by cut - separation between quads and glutes? Looks like you were on the right track, just need to get some variety in there, and progressively increase the weights you're using.