What book(s) are you reading now

Options
D_squareG
D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
I need a new book. One that is so great that it takes my mind off dieting. Or one that is so great, it motivates me to reach my goals.

Calling on all readers to tell what great book they are reading or have read that they would recommend. Why did you like it?

Replies

• heikejacob4
    heikejacob4 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Almost done with Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. As both a twin and a college student, I can really relate to the main character, plus she's just so funny! Actually laughed out loud multiple times ... great read!
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Just finished and Highly recommend - I'm a big fan of histories (and Jazz, and Paris so this worked out well)
    Harlem in Montmartre: A Paris Jazz Story between the Great Wars
  • MissMonicaC
    MissMonicaC Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Finished the food seduction by neal barnard lol
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (JK Rowling)
  • amw5471
    amw5471 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Almost done with Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. As both a twin and a college student, I can really relate to the main character, plus she's just so funny! Actually laughed out loud multiple times ... great read!

Another vote for Fangirl!
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Working my way through Game of Thrones. I want to read the books before falling prey to the (amazing I've heard) show. :) I'm just a few chapters into book 1, so far so good!
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    The Prince of Tides.

Very good in some places, but entirely too wordy in others.
  • fitbrit19
    fitbrit19 Posts: 55
    Options
    Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? By Mindy Kaling … I laughed out loud practically the entire time I was reading it!
  • khkjkk
    khkjkk Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    SAS Survival Guide, because why not?
  • D_squareG
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Keep em coming! I'm going shopping on the Kindle store right now.
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Clinical Kinesiology and Anatomy and Manual Muscle Testing.

It's interesting if you're into human physics and biomechanics, or if you're in school for it. Otherwise, can't recommend either lol
  • lbrown73
    lbrown73 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just finished Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. Loved it until the very end, but still worth it!
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    "City of Thieves" by David Benioff, the guy who wrote the screenplay for Game of Thrones. The book is nothing like GoT's though.

It's about two Russian boys going on an adventure during WWII. It perfectly blends comedy and tragedy.

When I finished the book, I closed it, and stared at the cover for a good 10 seconds in appreciation before I put it down.
  • D_squareG
    Options
    Clinical Kinesiology and Anatomy and Manual Muscle Testing.

It's interesting if you're into human physics and biomechanics, or if you're in school for it. Otherwise, can't recommend either lol

No offense, but I think I will pass. Proud of you, though!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I haven't started it yet, but I just borrowed from the Library... "The first phone call from Heaven" by Mitch Albom
  • canwenotgothere
    Options
    Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? By Mindy Kaling … I laughed out loud practically the entire time I was reading it!

This!! It's brilliant :)
  • archaichoney
    archaichoney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Rereading Brother Iron, Sister Steel by Dave Draper. That book is full of win.
  • KaeGae
    KaeGae Posts: 2
    Options
    Just started The Fall of Giants, captivating, and reading book 4 Games of Thrones, Feast of Crows.
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I just finished Divergent and halfway through Insurgent......really great, easy reads. I will read just about anything, though!