They're Noticing...

Options
tinavflynn
tinavflynn Posts: 80 Member
I work at a larger office, about 85 people, and even though it's easy to get to know everyone, you often fall into a click and converse mainly with them. Well today while I was washing my hands in the bathroom a coworker, who I usually pass her cubicle throughout the day, wanted to ask me a question.

She says to me “Can I ask you a personal question?”

Me, “Yeah?” I’ve hardly ever converse with her and we work in different departments, so it seemed a little strange.

Her, “Are you losing weight?”

Me with a big grin on my face, “Why yes I am! I've lost 25lbs so far.”

It was such a great feeling!! She’s not the first, but she was just so polite and nice about it, especially since we never really talk. She congratulated me a couple of times as we walked out of the bathroom.

Replies

• frankysgurl
    frankysgurl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Such a nice feeling when that happens! Congrats and pat yourself on the back for your hard work :smile:
  • minischnauz4
    minischnauz4 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Isn't that the best feeling ever? I've also lost (almost 25 lbs) 24.8 to be exact and today was the first time I had two people stop and comment to me, too. I know I shouldn't look for affirmation from other people because I know what I'm doing is for me, but it still felt darn good to have people notice!

Congrats and keep up the great work!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I would've said 'No, do you think I need to?"

But that's just what kinda guy I am
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    That's great! It does feel great at first =) Then, when you are done losing, it gets annoying! haha
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!