What kind of snacks do you have on your eating plan?

Options
I usually save calories to have something that I like for a snack every day.... Depending on my sugar readings (diabetic) I try to incorporate my favorite snacks into my eating plan. That way I don't feel like I am depriving myself, which has always been a big thing with me losing weight. I do it for awhile, then lose my motivation because I am not satisfied.... So some of my snacks are

Kozy Shack No Sugar Added - Tapioca Pudding, 1 snack cup
with Cool Whip - Free, 4 Tbsp

Butter Snap Pretzels (24)
with 1 teaspoon yellow mustard

Cabot - 50% Reduced Fat Individual Wrapped - Sharp Cheddar Cheese
with or without 4 Nabisco Whole Grain Crackers

2 Keebler - Cheese & Peanut Butter Sandwich Crackers

Dole - Mixed Fruit In Cherry Gel - Sugar Free Gel, 1 container
with Cool Whip - 4 Tbsp

Boost - Glucose Control Nutritional Drink Chocolate, 0.5 bottle (237mL.)

If I have a chocolate craving I like Nature's Valley - Granola Thins - Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter, 1 Pouch

and don't forget fruit!

All are roughly 100 calories, and stay within my guidelines for my sugar for the day...

Replies

• drkim86
    drkim86 Posts: 17
    Options
    Popcorn is a very low calorie snack that I love indulging in. If it's not heavily buttered I can easily have a couple cups of it for only around 50-60 calories.
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I usually snack on:

- Apple (with or without a Tablespoon of Natural PB)
    - Fresh Berries
    - Almonds
    - Hard Boiled Egg Whites (I am not a fan of egg yolks)
    - Light String Cheese
    - Yoplait Light Yogurt (I have found some of their flavors really help when I am having those cravings for calorie heavy desserts or when frozen are a great alternative to Ice Cream)
    - Greek Yogurt w/ Honey or Agave
    - Rice Cake with Natural PB or Light Cream Cheese

As a treat my husband and I will go to the local frozen yogurt shop, its delicious and they usually have a good selection of sugar free/low calorie flavors. Last week they had a Devils Food Chocolate that was amazing and only 45 Calories per 4oz.
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is a very low calorie snack that I love indulging in. If it's not heavily buttered I can easily have a couple cups of it for only around 50-60 calories.

Oh yeah I forgot about Popcorn, it is delicious and low cal. Plus filling!
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    I don't snack that often anymore but here are my favorites that work with my low carb diet:
    peperoni and cheddar cheese
    sour cream and onion dip w/ green peppers or cucumbers
    blueberries & strawberries
    hard boiled eggs
    almonds & pistachios
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    My go-to treat is Skinny Pop black pepper popcorn. Non GMO, very lightly salted. Looks like you crave sweets. I crave crunchy/salty. This stuff makes me happy with no guilt.
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    my favorite is popcorn with Franks Red Hot sauce!! :devil:
  • ewarlow
    ewarlow Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Quaker Crispy Minis
    Banana or Pumpkin Loaf (homemade)
    Beef Jerky
    Almonds
    Cheese
    Fruit (kiwi, apple, clementine)
    Milk
    Clif Bar
    Pineapple
    Sometimes I sneak cashews dipped in Thai peanut sauce.. mmmm omg!
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: oh and dill pickles!!
  • Wenchiness
    Wenchiness Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am also diabetic, but have been doing so well with it, I've dumped half my meds and shoot up only once per week. Since I am not "dieting" but rather changing eating habits I don't deprive myself. I've been craving cheesecake and last week got one (small, and frozen) and had a piece which is way over my sugar allowance, but I had the calories, and now I'm not craving it any more even knowing there are 5 more pieces in the freezer.I will get to them in my time and it may take a few months. I'm also very fond of chocolate and always have some around. Most often when I eat it, it's logged. But sometimes I will have 2 chocolate covered blue berries or pomegranate seeds and as long as it's only 2(for the day), I don't bother to log it. But because I had a wee bit, I don't go all hawg crazy at some point and down an entire Moser Roth bar. I'm also very good at allowing myself a serving of good sugary fruit, like strawberries, melon, or pineapple. Because of the diabetes I do try to limit it to one serving per day, or sometimes split it to 2, some for breakfast some for dessert. I'm also really good about keeping those 100 calorie snack packs of anything around, Yes I know I pay more, but I also don't over-indulge. Watching pounds roll off me is great incentive not to overdo, but I still eat the sweet sweet treats. Other than that, I have hummus daily with tomatoes, mushrooms or jicama, cheeses, and if I'm just not feeling full I will have a side salad at any ole time of day or night. Gotta put a word up for Trader Joes uber thin cookies. It's like 120 03 30 calories for 11 - 12 of them. They have triple ginger, lemon and toasted coconut 6 cookies with a cuppa is well under 100 calories and satisfies both sweet and crunchy cravings. Also big keepers are Greek yogurt and chia pudding. Om nom nom!
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I tend to have a bit bigger snacks so that I have around 4 or 5 meals. but I also have this:

no-oil tuna 56g with light mayo 20g - 78 cals
    200g of tangerines - 120 cals
    gummi bears (no sure about sugar guidelines) 25g - 86 cals
    herbal lemonda 0.33l bottle - 78 cals
    strawberry or lemon buttermilk drink 200g - 120 cals
    bread baked in muffin form with 10g salted butter - 115 cals
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I too am diabetic, so I usually try to include some protein. Here are some I have frequently...

protein bar w/ at least 15g protein and < 20g carbs <200 calories - Quest bars are as high as I will go.
    pistachios weighed out to 1 serving
    dried edamame weighed out to 1 serving
    1/2 c 2% cottage cheese + ~50 calories worth of fruit
    protein shake
    protein pudding
    1/2 apple sliced w/ cinnamon sprinkled on top
    ostrim ostrich/beef stick

However if I'm craving something specific, and it will fit in my macros for the day, it could be anything.
  • autumn_moon86
    Options

I get Angie's Boom Chicka Pop popcorn. 4 cups is 140 calories!
    It's just enough to help me when I'm craving something to snack on!
  • wamydia
    wamydia Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    A little peanut butter, almond butter, or cream cheese on ritz crackers
    Nuts - walnuts, almonds, pecans, dry roasted peanuts, pretty much whatever I have on hand.
    Hard boiled eggs
    Sunflower seeds
    Dark chocolate anything
    Greek yogurt with honey
    Fruit, esp berries, appples, pears, or melon
    Jello or pudding cups
    Cinnamon applesauce
    Cottage cheese and crackers
    Hummus with pita or veggies
    Fire Roasted Tomato Triscuits with Feta cheese and pepperoni
    Fresh sliced tomatoes with salt and pepper
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    3/4 cup of dry cereal (flavors vary)

froyo (frozen yogurt-fruity flavors)

strawberries, blueberries, blackberries
  • psych0kitty
    psych0kitty Posts: 313
    Options
    I don't snack NEARLY as much as I used to, and I think that's a very good thing. If I get hungry between meals, I typically have a Quest bar, Power Crunch bar, protein shake, milk (sometimes chocolate), or a Graze punnet (especially nuts/seeds, dried fruit, or their crazy awesome granola bar things). I like string cheese as a salty snack, or cheese and crackers sometimes with salami.
  • LindaFromNH
    LindaFromNH Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    What is protein pudding?
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Almonds, apples, fiber one bars, carrots, greek yogurt, pop chips...nom nom nom:smile:
  • seattlerain
    seattlerain Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Popcorn
    Yogurt (sometimes with berries)

QUEST BARS :D
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    almonds, string cheese, eggs, veggie straws, greek yogurt with berries and honey and peanut butter. The occasional dark chocolate or spoon of Nutella. ;)
  • suejoker
    suejoker Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    My favorite snacks are:

Roasted Seaweed 60 calories
    Laughing Cow Lowfat Swiss Wedge 35 calories
    Halo Chocolate 70 calories